I'm sorry but I have to talk about this

Operator

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well. since money's only paper, we have to believe in it's value. the rest of the world believes in what's left of the dollar because maybe somehow you might be able to repay your debts because you've got gold and you're given time.

if you ain't got gold we can no longer believe in your paper dollas.

when did i hit 1k posts?

1k POAST! +5

• Members

I guess the point is there is still some level of confidence that at least SOME of that money is backed by gold. If Fort Knox were to be opened and found empty, and we realized that none of our money was backed by gold, it'd be worthless.

I knew the consensus we had going for the first two pages couldn't last.

What consensus was lost? Who's arguing for the NDAA?

I don't know whether to be shocked by how poorly people read on HCFX. ffs...

• Members

That wasn't always the case though, Hux. The US Dollar was backed 1:1 with gold until 1971. Up until that point, we simply agreed that cloth bills would be placeholders for that gold. Now those cloth bills are placeholders for...nothing.

Also this. The US dollar was the back up for many countries. In the last few months a meeting was held amongst all countries who used our currency as a back up to discuss getting out of using it as a back up. The US was denied entry to this meeting. Fishy as {censored}.

• Members

I knew the consensus we had going for the first two pages couldn't last.

crohny tell us more about the "fema camps".

Do you want the real version, or the conspiracy verison with the color coding of different detainees and so on? The real version is far simpler. Several bases on US soil now have detention centers(fema camps). The conspiracey theory side of the spectrum is pretty rad but also pretty scary. It's scary regardless.

• Members

Also this. The US dollar was the back up for many countries. In the last few months a meeting was held amongst all countries who used our currency as a back up to discuss getting out of using it as a back up. The US was denied entry to this meeting. Fishy as {censored}.

Source?

• Members

What consensus was lost? Who's arguing for the NDAA?

I don't know whether to be shocked by how poorly people read on HCFX. ffs...

jesus man are you really that upset? consensus was the wrong word, I guess. this is the first thread I've seen here where everyone is basically in agreement.

• Members

Do you want the real version, or the conspiracy verison with the color coding of different detainees and so on? The real version is far simpler. Several bases on US soil now have detention centers(fema camps). The conspiracey theory side of the spectrum is pretty rad but also pretty scary. It's scary regardless.

So the theory is that the troublemakers will be rounded up and detained by the thousands in these camps?

• Members

You're telling me.... Back to the gold, if there's no gold in fort knox that would mean the U.S.'s gold reserve is depleted or none existent. That would mean the U.S. dollar is worthless. That kind of news could send the whole world into anarchy.

40 years ago called...

(The UK tried returning to the gold standard in the 30s and it was an unprecedented disaster by everyone's favourite, churchill. not recommended.)

• Members

Anyone check out that show last night about there being doubts that there's any gold in Fort Knox, the U.S. government will not open the vaults to prove it and what the implications that could mean to the world economy if the truth were to be revealed?

Yeah I saw it. It's on youtube! Here's a clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQK93t9nPA

• Members

jesus man are you really that upset?

Nah, I'm not. Or yeah, I am, but not because of HCFX. {censored}ty day being grilled on things that are perfectly explained and would be clear if the people grilling me would lend a little attention to what they are looking over and think. This here just seems like an extension of that. I'm sorry HCFX. It's not you, it's me. Love you.

• Members

So the theory is that the troublemakers will be rounded up and detained by the thousands in these camps?

The conspiracy theory side, yes. That is what they are saying. I could see that as a possiblity considering things happening currently(the bill that this thread is about). There hasn't been {censored} said about these camps on the newsm just like this bill and what the bill really means for everyone. If the bill is being black out in the media, do you think something like a FEMA camp(which if you look into it there is credible sources for these camps exsistence)is far fetched? If the economy collapses, specially globally, do you really think people will stay civil when it comes time to feed their families and make money? Look at natural disastor in our history. People will do what is needed(along with what isn't needed) to survive. Look at the looters shot and killed after Katrina and that wasn't even nearly as big of a deal as a global economic collapse. A lot of it is theory, but there is more than enough going on right now to make that theory seem very realistic.

• Members

You're telling me.... Back to the gold, if there's no gold in fort knox that would mean the U.S.'s gold reserve is depleted or none existent. That would mean the U.S. dollar is worthless. That kind of news could send the whole world into anarchy.

The dollar hasn't been backed by gold for 40 years or so.

• Members

Now that I'm numbing my outrage and despair with beer, I feel like in theory dynasonics would be better, because I'm told they're similar to a P-90. But I like the sparkling clear humbucker sound of filtertrons. And the noiselessness.

Hmm

Dynasonics (originals) have a lot more low end on tap but still have that air on the high end. Filtertrons were made to the specs of Chet Atkins. He didn't like the low end coming through his Standel amp with his bass string thumb picking technique and wanted it nutered (loosing the low end twang Dyna's are known for). If you really want the best of both worlds check out a set of TV Jones Magnatron's. I have a set I've been rocking. Sort of a Dyna/P90 meets Filtertron tone. You still get the loading that a good humbucker gives you but you get the low end twang of a single coil. I {censored}ing love them! I don't think I'd ever go back to filtertrons (maybe if you threw me a 1959 6120) but I still love Dyna's and P90's. :love:

• Members

The conspiracy theory side, yes. That is what they are saying. I could see that as a possiblity considering things happening currently(the bill that this thread is about). There hasn't been {censored} said about these camps on the newsm just like this bill and what the bill really means for everyone. If the bill is being black out in the media, do you think something like a FEMA camp(which if you look into it there is credible sources for these camps exsistence)is far fetched? If the economy collapses, specially globally, do you really think people will stay civil when it comes time to feed their families and make money? Look at natural disastor in our history. People will do what is needed(along with what isn't needed) to survive. Look at the looters shot and killed after Katrina and that wasn't even nearly as big of a deal as a global economic collapse. A lot of it is theory, but there is more than enough going on right now to make that theory seem very realistic.

I 'm pretty skeptical about these theories. all that's needed to break a story like this is a cell phone video camera and a reddit account. the arab spring has shown us what cameras + social media can do.

also, who will man these camps for the government? I know a few guys in the national guard and army and they'd be more likely to take off their uniforms rather than arresting friends and family.

granted, after seeing the police response to some of the OWS {censored}, i'm second guessing this.

• Members

but apparently he has caved on this like everything else.

I am an outsider as well but this rings true for me. Everyone had lots of hope and pretty romantacized view of what Obama's tenure as president would look like while he was on the campaign trail. Sadly he has not been the great decisive leader that people thought he would be. Is it the political system itself that leaves the President kind of nutless?

He did double tap that {censored}er Bin Laden though.

• Members

Not to pick on a forgotten earlier post but,

I might sheepishly propose that WWII was not really about oil

Don't be too sure about that:
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Events_leading_to_the_attack_on_Pearl_Harbor

In 1941, Japan moved into southern Indochina.[8] The U.S. responded by freezing, on 26 July 1941, Japan's assets in the U.S. and, on 1 August 1941, embargoing all oil and gasoline exports to Japan.[9] Oil was Japan's most crucial imported resource; more than 80 percent of Japan's oil imports at the time came from the United States[10] To secure oil supplies, and other resources, Japanese planners had long been looking south, especially the Dutch East Indies. The Navy was certain any attempt to seize this region would bring the U.S. into the war and was reluctant to agree with other factions' plans for invasion. The complete US oil embargo changed to the Naval view to support of expansion toward support for an invasion of the Dutch East Indies and seizure of its oil fields.

Also, Crohny the "secret" that the US dollar is not backed by gold is already out. Everyone knows.

Archived