I'm sorry but I have to talk about this

Operator

• Members

I 'm pretty skeptical about these theories. all that's needed to break a story like this is a cell phone video camera and a reddit account. the arab spring has shown us what cameras + social media can do.

also, who will man these camps for the government? I know a few guys in the national guard and army and they'd be more likely to take off their uniforms rather than arresting friends and family.

granted, after seeing the police response to some of the OWS {censored}, i'm second guessing this.

A lot of it is far fetched. Trust me I didn't believe {censored} about it till I started getting into it. I'm a huge conpiracy theory lover. I enjoy that {censored} but don't take it seriously. Unless someone has credible evidence. The camps do have some credible evidence. There is {censored} that has been said and done by our own government to lend to their reality.

In responce to your {censored} about national gaurds men and not firing on american civilians someone posted some {censored} on a conspiracy site saying that in the begining of the month there was some national gaurd exersize at some military bases. National gaurds men were polled if they would fire on American citizens if they were ordered to do so. In this so called account of the story majority of them or all of them put down their weapons and backed out of formation. There is no proof to these polls. I see it more as bull{censored} but at the same time I have heard from others that there were actual exercises that took place. Nothing of proper evidence is anywhere for me to find on the interwebs and I don't know anyone who is in the national guard.

As far as cell phones and social netowrking and the like are in getting the word on things, that is how the word is being spread about the bill, and it's extremely slow going. It could be like the OWS movement when it first started. It was black listed from media till it got huge on the internet. The bill isn't nearly as huge as the OWS on the internet, and that is bad. Yahoo during a hueg surge in the OWS movement was blocking large amounts of e-mails pertaining to the OWS movement hat were being sent through out protesters. They also did similar {censored} for China. The internet is bad, but also scary now cause these corporations that have big hands in the way media and communication gets around can turn those services agaisnt you. There is no telling how easy it would be to get this bill out on a larger scale when it isn't already. The above Yahoo {censored} isn't some conspiracey {censored} either.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you told a person in the 50's that people are going to first put you in a machine that sees through your clothes AND THEN grab your twig and berries to make sure you're not dangerous before you fly across the country, do you think they'd believe it?

• Members

Also, this kind of ties in with the FEMA camps, on the fema website along with some other government sources, FEMA spent over a billion dollars on dehydrated food supplies. This was a few months back, but last I knew the order was still being filled. This happened around the whole Elenen shabang and everyone thought a red dwarf star was heading our way haha. Just a funny side note for you to look into, but this does sink up with the possibilty of these FEMA camps being active in the coming months. The food supply ordered was enough to 36 million people I think. 32 million maybe. It was a large number of rations to say the least.

• Members

Not to pick on a forgotten earlier post but,

Don't be too sure about that:

See

Also, Crohny the "secret" that the US dollar is not backed by gold is already out. Everyone knows.

You'd be surprised at how many people don't know. My mother till today didn't know the Federal reserve was a private corporation. She was about ready to argue me on it till I flat out told her to just look into it. You'd be amazed at how much people don't know, because they believe there is some form of security.

• Members

Ok true, perhaps many 'regular folks' don't know, but just about everyone involved in government or economics does know. That is about the gold standard though, I'd think it would be more likely people don't know or realize that the Federal Reserve is a private corporation. Something about that pesky name...

• Members

If you told a person in the 50's that people are going to first put you in a machine that sees through your clothes AND THEN grab your twig and berries to make sure you're not dangerous before you fly across the country, do you think they'd believe it?

The 1950s was a very paranoid time in this nation's history. Of course they'd believe it.

Now, would you believe that you could survive an atomic blast by ducking and covering?

• Members

Ok true, perhaps many 'regular folks' don't know, but just about everyone involved in government or economics does know. That is about the gold standard though, I'd think it would be more likely people don't know or realize that the Federal Reserve is a private corporation. Something about that pesky name...

True. {censored} Romney just said at a past debate(this is hear say as well) that he learned from Ron Paul saying it that the FED is a private corportion. It's a bit scary when a presidential candidate doesn't know that the Federal reserve isn't government operated lmfao.

Cool. Lots of coherent, civil debate going on.

This is why we can't have nice things. :(:cop:

We made it to only the third page before Coach disagreed with Crohny, which Crohny took as a personal attack rather than a disagreement on the merits of his point, and promptly responded back with a slew of personal attacks...

Which is a fairly common description of how these sorts of discussions often go south to begin with.

Thread closed guys... or I can move it to the poli forum if you want it to stay open - send me a PM if that's your desire.

Archived