OT: Rate the last movie you saw

wiklund87

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The last current movie I watched was the latest Pirates of the Caribbean. It was okay but not that interesting overall.

The first one is still the best.

The last movie I actually watched was High Kick Girl. It's a low budget Japanese flick that is high on action and low on story like most good martial arts movies. It's all pretty much straight Karate stuff.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by misterstomach

View Post

no. is it the same director or something? i don't watch many movies.

No, not the same director. Maybe a similar feel and also has a sub-plot of a new planet coming into earths atmosphere. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1549572/

The trailer gives a lot of the plot away, so dont watch it if you like going into movies fresh.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by who235

View Post

Seconded.

It's bad enough letting Guy Ritchie dig up Holmes' corpse to fiddle with it, but they took everything that was even marginally good and funny about the first movie and threw it out.

What was left was pretty much garbage.

All the *intellect* and humor was sadly replaced with mindless action sequences. I am glad Watson had a bigger role to play but I wish it was more in line with the classic stories and not the action adventure sidekick.

A third installment is obvious and not needed.

Hopefully the franchise will learn a thing or two in how to conduct itself from the finale of the Nolan Batman trilogy...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

All the *intellect* and humor was sadly replaced with mindless action sequences. I am glad Watson had a bigger role to play but I wish it was more in line with the classic stories and not the action adventure sidekick.

Hopefully the franchise will learn a thing or two in how to conduct itself from the finale of the Nolan Batman trilogy...

...by filming in Pittsburgh! It's genius!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Subs

View Post

Tree of Life: 0.5/10 - Pretentious bull{censored} played off as "art".

LA Confidential: 8/10 - Great story, great acting.

I agree, although you were being generous about Tree of Give Me Back the Last 139 Minutes of My Life You Pretentious {censored}

• Members

Just saw cowboys vs aliens last night. Surprisingly good. 8/10

Blood Diamond 9/10 despite leo's crap south African accent it was a good movie. TIA was a good touch and I'm glad to hear it from the rhodesian ex pats in it.

Death race (the new one) 3/10 was pretty meh.

Arena 3/10. Pretty cheesy and lame. Samuel L Jackson is a joke these days.

Apocalypse Now redux. 9.9/10. I prefer the original, but I like the surreal-ness of the extra scenes. It doesn't get the full 10 because it makes the movie so long it's hard to finish in one sitting.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tom92

View Post

Anyone see Battle: Los Angeles? Fancied checking it out.

I give it an 8/10. It was a pretty good blending of sci fi with a modern action flick twist. Some of the acting was a little stale, but I blame it on people trying to pretend to be real people caught in an unrealistic end of the world scenario. I watched it with my marine friend and he had a blast. Us both being combat vets enjoyed the attention to detail paid to the marines and how they conducted themselves in the movie.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wiklund87

View Post

nothing amazing, but decent entertainment if you like that genre... 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Jisatsu

View Post

I give it an 8/10. It was a pretty good blending of sci fi with a modern action flick twist. Some of the acting was a little stale, but I blame it on people trying to pretend to be real people caught in an unrealistic end of the world scenario. I watched it with my marine friend and he had a blast. Us both being combat vets enjoyed the attention to detail paid to the marines and how they conducted themselves in the movie.

Cheers guys, I'll probably watch that and Drive in the coming days. Need to watch Polar Express whilst it's still remotely christmas time though!

• Members
I agree, although you were being generous about Tree of Give Me Back the Last 139 Minutes of My Life You Pretentious {censored}

:thu: Word to your mother.

Just saw GWTDT last night. 9/10 I'd say. Good story, good acting, no disney ending. I liked it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

Man I was really hopping that this would be good. I was fan of short story's. If they would just follow Arthur Doyles writings they would have had an excellent movie. The intellect (logic) and humor is what made it awesome.

• Members

watched the new Human Centipede 2... the "cut" version

not sure what score it deserve... disturbing for some people I guess

at the wikipedia page, the director has revealed some news about the third film:

In an interview with DreadCentral.com, Six said the third film will "make the last one look like a Disney film. We're going to shoot the third film entirely in America, and it's going to be my favourite... It's going to upset a lot of people."

Archived