ot: girl with the dragon tattoo - worth your money

hangwire

• Members

The remake is a good film. If you have watched the original film, then the remake is an okay film. I thought Daniel Craig did a better job in his role than the girl who played Lisbeth. However, I believe trying to follow Noomi Rapace in the role of Lisbeth Salander would be the equivalent of replacing Eddie in Van Halen circa 1980, so she deserves some credit for taking on a challenging role.

• Members

Okay, I just finished reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, watched the Swedish film, and the American film. Here's my take: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is pretty good, but I like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo better, either way, neither really compared to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.*

• Members

I won't be watching the remakes because that's all that seems to be coming out of Hollywood these days. They take a Great movie (Foreign or otherwise) and {censored}ing butcher it. I'll stick with the originals.

Yeah, I don't even want to encourage hollywood to pull this kinda thing to be honest. Just watch it in swedish, you'll live.

I'm still dreading the day somebody tries to remake Oldboy.

• Members

The book was okay impo, so what the swedish movie. There's a million things I'd rather do than watch the same story AGAIN, dispite David Fincher.

I disagree... David Fincher, as with Wes Anderson, always get the benefit of the doubt with me. They could remake Monster Squad and I would give it a chance.

:idea:

• Members

I disagree... David Fincher, as with Wes Anderson, always get the benefit of the doubt with me. They could remake Monster Squad and I would give it a chance.

:idea:

Wow now, Monster Squad was a great movie. Rudy was a total badass and Wolfman has nards - nuff said.

Archived