Fender White Chicken

warioblast

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty, but I still prefer this one:

tn72g-ft-mh_swh_r_z.jpg

This one I have seen before, and thought it was quite nice. MIJ, and about $2k IIRC. Not quite as Gretsched out, but still delivers the flavor of a Falcon or Penguin while staying a bit truer to the original Tele Thinlines. I like it a lot too, but I'm not sure if I'd say I like it "better."

and mine's almost through being built. Just waiting on the neck, a 30" conversion neck. That's right, making it a Bajo Sexto tele. Bam.

BAM! Indeed. :) Can you post pics of it when it's finished please? :)

is this a custom build by someone not working for Fender? or is it some CS dealio?

Like I said, I suspect the Chicken is a Custom Shop one-off, or maybe a limited CS build of a few dozen or something like that. The bench views in the background look like Fender Corona (I've been there) and the guy walking up the stairs holding it is wearing a Fender employee badge.

Does Fender own Gretsch or something

Technically, no they do not. It's still owned by the Fred Gretsch family. However, Fender and Gretsch have a contractual agreement of some sort... I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but basically Fender manufacturers and markets the Gretsch guitars. The high-end stuff is made in Corona. I believe some stuff may still be made in Japan... and the majority (if not all of) the Electromatics are made in China.

• Members

Like I said, I suspect the Chicken is a Custom Shop one-off, or maybe a limited CS build of a few dozen or something like that. The bench views in the background look like Fender Corona (I've been there) and the guy walking up the stairs holding it is wearing a Fender employee badge.

take it easy, Mr. Know-It-All... we posted at the same time :cop:

:lol: seriously though, I'll bet you that costs a pretty penny!

Archived