Best expression pedal?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Ernie Ball VP Jr.?

I also used a Boss FV-500L for a while with my HOG as an expression pedal. It's amazing but it's HUGE and HEAVY. I'm now using it actually for a volume pedal and using cheapy M-Audio ones for expression purposes.

I'm really looking forward to the tiny footprint ones that are being made by the company that makes that Japanese Girl wah pedal.

• Members

The Mission pedals are great, I have the one made for the M9 and never had a problem. Though I don't see why you couldn't buy a crappy old Crybaby and mod it yourself to do the same thing for 1/2 the cost.

• Members

I use the Pigtronix dual expression pedal with my Pitchfactor and Soundblox, and I've noticed that the travel is a little uneven with the Pitchfactor. It reaches 100 before it's fully toe-down, which is weird. It's by no means unusable and I'm a lot less afraid of breaking it than my VP Jr., but that had a perfectly even travel.

• Members

I've noticed that my moog ep-2 doesn't get the same range sweep as turning the knob for the same feature on pedals other than a moog. I think it has a higher pot value than most expression pedals but I'm not positive that is the reason I don't get the same sweep. Great pedal in design though.

• Members

You could get a behringer fcv100 for less than the Moog and have a stereo volume pedal until it breaks :)

Mine broke and whereas the volume pedal side is no more, the control side still works without need for power.

Archived