Visiting Denver this weekend

Taylor.

• Members

When I visit my sister I always make a trip to Gumbos. It's a Louisiana style restaurant in Lower downtown Denver. Their food is awesome!!!

Ooh, definitely. Thanks for the heads-up, I love that kind of food.

If any of you dudes are ever in Omaha, Jazz is an awesome place.

• Members

If you go to music gear guys (~broadway and alameda) you can walk pretty far north up Broadway and hit a bunch of vintage stores and bars. Skylark, SoBo151, Sputnik, Diablo, and a couple of irish spots are good around there. Pawn shops are a bit north of there but can sometimes have decent gear.

• Members

I love Denver! Definitely hit up Music Gear Guys. The owner is an awesome guy and he has a great selection of boutique and weird pedals. The Guitar Center on Colorado has a nice selection of boutique pedals too, but it's still a Guitar Center. For food, try Pete's Kitchen on Colfax or Duffy's Cherry Cricket in Cherry Creek. If you want to hit up a cool bar, check out The 1-UP downtown. It's packed full of old pinball and arcade machines, and the drinks don't cost a fortune either. Usually, it's full of some decent people too, not like a lot of bars in LoDo where you have to brave a sea of bros just to get a drink. Breckenridge Brewery has a bar and grill that isn't far from the 1-UP too, and they make some great beers, so I'd recommend hitting them up too.

• Members

If you go to music gear guys (~broadway and alameda) you can walk pretty far north up Broadway and hit a bunch of vintage stores and bars. Skylark, SoBo151, Sputnik, Diablo, and a couple of irish spots are good around there. Pawn shops are a bit north of there but can sometimes have decent gear.

Both great advice. Also, if you like vegetarian food and/or hipsters go to The Watercourse and City o' City. Both are great vegetarian places. I can't remember that other vegie place in north Downtown, anybody?

• Members

Santiago's has killer green chile. I suggest either the medium or the hot (which can get really spicy). They have tons of locations and are all sort of dives, great breakfast burritos though.

Twist & Shout and Wax Trax are awesome record shops. The Tattered Cover is pretty good for books. Twist & Shout and the Tattered Cover are right next door to each other. All three are within walking distance.

Wildwood has a great selection of guitars. You will need a car to get there as it is about 40 minutes outside of Denver. As mentioned many times, Music Gear Guys is a impressive shop with a very helpful owner.

You should check out 1Up too. It is an old school classic video game arcade/bar/ place that serves burgers on doughnuts. It is pretty small and in Lower Downtown, so it can get packed. I suggest going on non peak days/hours.

Edit: I see a few of these things are already mentioned. They are just that awesome though!

Archived