How you all feel about tacos?

RadioSilence

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I {censored}ing love the {censored} out of mexican food. This may be a parody thread indeed, but tacos are no joke. I make them all the time, but it's never quite the same as real ass mexican food. We have tons and tons of amazing taquerias and taco trucks and such here. I wouldn't want to live in a city again without good mexican food. And {censored} that wal mart {censored}. That's an imitation of taco bell, not real mexican food. You're not usually going to see ground beef in real tacos. Or those hard shells, although i do love them.

• Members

I love Real tacos. No Taco Bell garbage, no nasty spice aisle "taco mix" with {censored}ty ground beef and premade taco shells. Thats not real Mexican food. Home fried corn tortillas, shredded beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and chilis. One of the few things I like about Phoenix is there's no shortage of good, real mexican food joints.

• Members
Nice. We don't have Walmart but we do have ASDA which is owned by Walmart.

And we have Old El Paso, which is basically the only mexican food you can buy in the UK.

OEP_Taco_Seasoning_Mix.jpg

Old-el-paso.jpg

Thats a shame man. That garbage is not real Mexican food. Thats like comparing a frozen pizza to a NY pizzaria. Isnt there a real Mexican food place anywherein England?

• Members

Thats a shame man. That garbage is not real Mexican food.
Thats like comparing a frozen pizza to a NY pizzaria.

So? You fly to NY every time you eat pizza?

It's {censored}ing fast food mix, it's not like we think it's the best you can get

Isnt there a real Mexican food place anywherein England?

Food follows immigration. We can get good italian and indian almost anywhere, and westernised chinese food. There have never been many mexican immigrants in the UK.

• Members

i have attempted to eat mexican food a couple of times in europe. it was a horrible failure. the best was when we made mexican food at a friend's house in london, but even that sucked 'cause you couldn't get any of the right {censored} at the store. i don't think we were able to even get any real peppers. but the mexican restaurants, good lord they're awful. burritos in germany? uugghh. two principles of mexican food that make it awesome are these: 1) it's {censored}ing dellicious. 2) it's pretty cheap. when you pay the equivalent of $14 for some bland piece of {censored} with rice beans and tomato sauce it's a mockery of the real thing. i'd honestly take the wal mart packets over that stuff any day.

Archived