How you all feel about tacos?

RadioSilence

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

taco spice mix secret: some salt and black pepper, smoked paprika, a lot of chili powder, some cumin, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder. never buy that pre-made {censored} again. it doesn't hurt to replace the chili powder by grinding up some dried chiles in your food processor too.

• Members

they're crutches for people who are too lazy to learn how to cook real food

Good tacos are a food group of their own. Love me some food truck tacos if you find the right food truck. I guess we'll have to wait for the west coast guys to wake up for a reasonable conversation on this. :p

• Members

Man, those bitchin cantina style tacos are easy as can be.

I shallow fry some white corn tortillas for maybe 10/20 seconds a side.

Finely dice up some onion, cilantro, maybe some hot peppers, and tomato. Add some Adobo and chili powder. Pico de gallo/salsa depending on how juicy/seasoned you get with it.

I usually do chicken in which case I boil breasts with some garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and whatever else I feel like throwing into the pot. When they're boiled, I shred em with two forks, then in a big pan (sometimes i gotta bring out the wok if there's a lot) get some olive oil goin with more smashed garlic/peppers/chili powder/diced onion, then fry the chicken in there for a bit. Then add a bunch of cilantro to that. Fry it up at a lowish temp til it's got some brown.

Assemble, squeeze a lime wedge over it. Fold. Consume.

All this is super easy and the tacos are frickin delicious. Pretty cost effective too. None of the prduce/meat you need is hard to find or expensive.

• Members

Okay dude. I don't know if the have walmarts in england but i'm about to show you some white trash amazement here. I will eat this everynight of the week. First get this

1001029_028400002394_A_400.jpg

Then make some hamburger meat and follow package instructions.

Then get some of these

doritos-spicy-sweet-chili.gif

crush up a ton and put them in a bowl. add hamburger meat.

add this stuff

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/12512025/great-value-white-corn-black-bean-salsa-26-oz-reviews/reviews.htm

and top it off with lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes etc.

I swear to god you'll divorce your wife and marry this shit.

• Members

Okay dude. I don't know if the have walmarts in england but i'm about to show you some white trash amazement here. I will eat this everynight of the week. First get this

1001029_028400002394_A_400.jpg
Then make some hamburger meat and follow package instructions.

Then get some of these

doritos-spicy-sweet-chili.gif
crush up a ton and put them in a bowl. add hamburger meat.

add this stuff

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/12512025/great-value-white-corn-black-bean-salsa-26-oz-reviews/reviews.htm

and top it off with lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes etc.

I swear to god you'll divorce your wife and marry this shit.

Nice. We don't have Walmart but we do have ASDA which is owned by Walmart.

And we have Old El Paso, which is basically the only mexican food you can buy in the UK.

OEP_Taco_Seasoning_Mix.jpg

Old-el-paso.jpg

Archived