Thoughts on this fuzz pedal

Gonkboy

• Members

Fuzz pedals are the one effect where demos really aren't that helpful; their sound being so dependent on the amp they're played through. I've had some of the 'best' sound utterly meh, while others not highly rated at all have sounded fantastic. It's a lucky dip.

• Members

Is it JFET-based?

Sounds pretty decent to me. But as others have said, fuzz often is especially dependent on amp. Particularly when there is no way to shape the tone to make it work better with certain amps if need be.

• Members

I'm guessing some kinda bazz fuss...single knob, really simple/low part count...usually the case with those tiny boxes.

This. So basically, $130 is bogus. I don't dig that price at all. Amsterdam Cream is playing you for a fool if you think you should buy that. I'm sure any of the DIYers could happily build you a bazz for like $50-60.

• Members

This. So basically, $130 is bogus. I don't dig that price at all. Amsterdam Cream is playing you for a fool if you think you should buy that. I'm sure any of the DIYers could happily build you a bazz for like $50-60.

I built one and it was $38 in parts and shipping.

Archived