switchin it up (delay content)

echodeluxe

• Members

so, ive got a de7 and a re20. both are excellent.

however, i realized i would like to incorporate looping into my playing more, as well as have some more flexibility.

so i put my re20 up on cl as trade bait for a dl4.

i know, i know. ive been praising the re20 for years. its still one of my favorite delays. but i cant afford both :cry:

but i mean, dl4 has awesome delay sounds and loops!

• Members

Have you considered an M9 at all? I think you might dig it..

95% of the guitarists on this forum would be happy as a clam with an M9 and nothing else. Especially if they have an amp with a good overdrive channel. Fuzz heads would require off-board fuzz, but honestly I think they're good enough for most players.

• Members

95% of the guitarists on this forum would be happy as a clam with an M9 and nothing else. Especially if they have an amp with a good overdrive channel. Fuzz heads would require off-board fuzz, but honestly I think they're good enough for most players.

i'm constantly surprised by how well mine pulls off stuff. the delays and distortions aren't my cup of tea but everything else delivers. and it is nice to have tap tempo everything and expression pedal everything.

• Members

As an all-in one... the M9 is great. But only on its own. I just couldn't get past trying to use it with other pedals. Didn't work for me at all that way.

But isn't your board FD2 > Trem > Delay > Reverb > Boost?

You could totally get by with just the M9. Or maybe throw the FD-2 in front if you wanted.

• Members

I don't think I would use most of the stuff on an m9. Plus how much do those things go for used? If I could get one for less than $200 I would seriously consider it.

I don't think I've seen a secondhand M9 for less than $275.

• Members

Check out the Zoom g3 thread. Here's a link to the pedal, $199 new (or less). Looper, reverb, delay, etc. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/G3

Much better screen than the M9 too. Hated how small it was, and only 1 screen to boot. The looper on the m9 is its best feature, but the looper on the Zoom seems like it could be decent, 40 seconds (a lot better than the DL4). And cheaper.

G3-xlarge.jpg

• Members

As an all-in one... the M9 is great. But only on its own. I just couldn't get past trying to use it with other pedals. Didn't work for me at all that way.

But isn't your board FD2 > Trem > Delay > Reverb > Boost?

You could totally get by with just the M9. Or maybe throw the FD-2 in front if you wanted.

Yeah its tu2>fd2>micro amp>pn2>re20>fy2>amp with my de7 in the loop of my classic 50.

I think the dl4 is really what I'm looking for.

• Members

I've seen that, its interesting, but if that amp model section is always there, I'm not down. Also, I'm not looking for multi effects, just a delay with a looper.

The amp sims are bypassable, I'm sure. Not many delays with a Good looper. DL4 seems to be the most popular, but only 15second of looping, not enough for me. I have the Headrush which is cool, that might be worth checking out, but the delay tone is only so-so.

• Members

The amp sims are bypassable, I'm sure. Not many delays with a Good looper. DL4 seems to be the most popular, but only 15second of looping, not enough for me. I have the Headrush which is cool, that might be worth checking out, but the delay tone is only so-so.

I don't need a ton of loop time. I'm not gonna be heavy looping and reverse {censored}. I'm mostly gonna use it mostly for writing songs and some textural on the fly stuff live. Dl4 fits the bill.

Archived