Anyone notice prices starting to go back up?

Josh33

• Members

Starting to notice that a lot of stuff is going back up in price and holding its value a little better then it has in the last few years. nothing crazy price wise, but pretty fair value stuff before the economy sucked. I never realized how much i took advantage of the cheap prices during the recession... should have bought more stuff! I also am having more buyers interested on Craigslist then i have in a while.

anyways.. anyone else noticing this in your towns?

• Members

Starting to notice that a lot of stuff is going back up in price and holding its value a little better then it has in the last few years. nothing crazy price wise, but pretty fair value stuff before the economy sucked. I never realized how much i took advantage of the cheap prices during the recession... should have bought more stuff! I also am having more buyers interested on Craigslist then i have in a while.

Yup, the spam threads seem to be growing more too. Just wait until gas averages $4.50 though

• Members

Everyone has reached a comfortable spot of living for the time being. Which gives them the "security" of buying {censored} again. Sadly with the depictions of the dollar and the potential for the economy to worsen and not improve, it will be short lived.

• Members

In the UK, my feeling is that bargains are far fewer than they were on Ebay. People's pockets are tighter so they're less likely to sell for a stupid price. There's a definite drop in the number of US-made pedals on UK Ebay, probably a combination of VAT increase, steadily rising postal prices, and less money all round.

• Members

In the UK, my feeling is that bargains are far fewer than they were on Ebay. People's pockets are tighter so they're less likely to sell for a stupid price. There's a definite drop in the number of US-made pedals on UK Ebay, probably a combination of VAT increase, steadily rising postal prices, and less money all round.

same over here, bargains can still be found, but you have to be really fast

nothing really sells well atm

• Members

we're already your largest supplier of oil.
:D

Lets cut the {censored}ers off so we can buy cheap used gear. Sell the tars sands oil to China, further reducing the price of used American pedals, and buying us Chinese border security. Then we can increase the volume of BC bud pumped in to keep them happy.

• Members

i had lately a look in old ibanez pedals the '10 and '9 series pedals. as the some of the 9 series were always big priced (e.g. ad9) all the others also went up significantly, and they start to ask for stupid prices for '10 series pedals as well...

• Members

most folks are about to get they taxes back.

sadly, i think this explanation is about as deep as you need to dig to find the cause. a couple months from now when everyones bought their new rims and sneakers, their bank accounts are empty, and they go back to using their bank as a check cashing service things will go back to normal.

• Members
What? That's {censored}ing dumb. That pedal is barely worth 150. Did they discontinue it?

Nope they got cornish'd.... tgp hype'd em up, strymon releases small batches every ten weeks, and people are willing to spend an extra 200 dollars to not have to wait ten weeks. :facepalm:

TL;DR: I'm keeping my rv-5, and if I upgrade it will be to a Space so i can have ultimate control, especially if its cheaper then the BSR now...

• Members

I just sold a guitar and it was extremely difficult to get rid of. I had to cut the price to way below it's "normal" value and still had it on cl for about a month with very little interest before someone finally bought it. Oddly though, the buyer drove all the way down from vancouver, bc to get it. That's like six hours or so. Didn't really seem that special of a guitar to me and with gas factored in, he surely spent a lot to get it.

• Members

Things can't be too bad if people are buying used strymon bluesky's for almost $500

WTF? I can think of 3 shops that have them in stock within 100 kms. Maybe, I should buy them and sell on fleabay.

I've been advertising my Handwired AC15 Heritage for 3 months. It's mint and I want about 40% of it's original purchase price. One hippy looked at it and realised he needed the cash for pot and that's the only bite I've had. {censored} it! I'll keep it.

Archived