PSA - A Timmy Without the Wait

who235

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

who, did you order one too?

I did indeed. I've been thinking about getting a Timmy for a long time but the used prices and the wait times have been conspiring to keep me Timmyless. I know they pop up at retailers once in awhile, but I've never been motivated enough to seek them out.

I got the Musictoyz email this morning and jumped on it.

When I posted there were like 35 left, but they were gone in a half hour.

• Members

@ who235

Hey, thanks so much for the heads up! I just checked and there were 10 available so placed my order and snagged one. Very cool. I thought I was going to have to buy one off fleabay. You da Man! :thu: :thu: :thu:

Just checked again and says sold out. Got in just in time I guess.

• Members

I heard the Voyager wasn't as midrangey as the Timmy.

I need my midz, bro.

You "heard"? O right Internet folklore taken as fact. The Voyager has a tone knob. Turn it to taste. Mids all day.

Have you ever tried a Voyager? I have. I own one. I also have tried a Timmy. The Voyager is far superior without all the corksniffery and waiting...

• Members
You "heard"? O right Internet folklore taken as fact. The Voyager has a tone knob. Turn it to taste. Mids all day.

Have you ever tried a Voyager? I have. I own one. I also have tried a Timmy. The Voyager is far superior without all the corksniffery and waiting...

And clearly your opinion should always be revered as fact, right?

:rolleyes:

Corksniffery... not at all how I'd describe a pedal that costs $129.

• Members

And clearly your opinion should always be revered as fact, right?

:rolleyes:

Corksniffery... not at all how I'd describe a pedal that costs $129.

Not fact but lets face it... There is a lot of "opinions" out there. Most are based on nothing more then rumor and rehash. How many folks can say they spent time with both? I can. Take my opinion for what ever you like, just trying to help. I still think the Timmy is a glorified Tubescreamer.

Cost means nothing when it comes to cork sniffing. It is still a limited run pedal and if it was available at every guitar center like a Tubescreamer no one would give two {censored}s.

• Members

Well, I heard it from Walrus Audio.

They made the comparison themselves in a thread I read someplace and claimed the Timmy had more mids and a little more gain.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try a Voyager. I just don't want to shell out money for something I've never played when I know what a Timmy sounds like and enjoy the sounds I can get from one.

The fact I don't have to pay a stupid used price or wait for a year was all the motivation I needed this morning.

• Members
Not fact but lets face it...
There is a lot of "opinions" out there.
Most are based on nothing more then rumor and rehash. How many folks can say they spent time with both? I can. Take my opinion for what ever you like, just trying to help. I still think the Timmy is a glorified Tubescreamer.

Cost means nothing when it comes to cork sniffing. It is still a limited run pedal and if it was available at every guitar center like a Tubescreamer no one would give two {censored}s.

and the only one that matters is yours, right? :rolleyes:

• Members

The voyager is my next planned purchase, good to know that they sound as good in person as they do in the videos. Thanks! :thu:

• Members

Not fact but lets face it... There is a lot of "opinions" out there. Most are based on nothing more then rumor and rehash. How many folks can say they spent time with both? I can.
Take my opinion for what ever you like, just trying to help.
I still think the Timmy is a glorified Tubescreamer.

Just the way you come across, bro, and just about every time you post too. ;)

Archived