RoboPimp

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm guessing it's this one...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/archive/index.php/t-1025803.html

Oh boy.

What I'm not comfortable is the thought that I have to step on a thing that has a "feminine gender" on it. It's pretty much like having someone's mom/sis/gf's name or pic on the pedal then stepping on it. At least that's how it comes across to me.

:facepalm:

• Members

Oh boy.

:facepalm:

I think the dude you quoted is Japanese. In Japanese culture feet are seen as even dirtier than in the west. It is pretty offensive to touch something that represents another person (their belongings etc) with your feet.

• Members

I think the dude you quoted is Japanese. In Japanese culture feet are seen as even dirtier than in the west. It is pretty offensive to touch something that represents another person (their belongings etc) with your feet.

Maybe the wah's a little unfortunately named, but to me it's pretty silly to get offended by inane stuff like that, regardless of cultural background.

In the end, it's just a wah with a silly name - hardly the hateful racist statement people in that TGP thread make it out to be.:lol:

stephenfryquote.jpg

• Members

Just nailed one from Musician's friend for $274.99 with the discount coupon they offer.

I've always loved Yamaha's modelers [got the DG Stomp and Magic Stomp when they first came out] and am glad that they are back in the game!

• Members

If I didn't have a MagicStomp I'd be all over this I think. I use the modeling alot on the MS with headphones at night and have gotten some sounds I really like. Even have some tthat sound great through my Princeton as well. I really hope this amp succeeds and Yamaha takes it to the next level.

Robo how is the sound tho? Does it sound like a "little" amp? And does it feel like an amp? I know when I run through Garageband or Mainstage models through similar sized stereo speakers, it just really lacks something (MS actually sounds better).

• Members

the yamaha rep brought one of these bitches in the other day. It was super cool, way smaller and lighter than I expected, but it didn't sound like it!

From what he told me they were trying to utilize higher end home audio power amp/speakers so it could be toneful yet small and light.

• Members

So it's a new fangled Pod with tubes of some sort?

its like a pod in that its digital modeling

its not like a pod in that it did it really convincingly

it looks like a tiny little amp head

it sounds like there's an invisible twin reverb hiding somewhere

the delay time seemed much longer than 300ms, with the tap function it would go quite long, long enough to do some "sound on sound" type stuff.

That was one thing I loved about it, you turned one knob for delay, turn the same knob for more delay, turn it some more if you wanted delay and reverb.

Its definitely not flexible enough for the delay/reverb ambient type players, but for adding air it worked really well.

The phaser didn't sound too bad either...

oh and the tremolo didn't seem to be able to change speeds :lol: I tried using the tap tempo switch and no...

oh and when you did tap in a new tempo it made this little weird noise like "weeeooouuuuuuup!"

that was annoying

• Members

Maybe the wah's a little unfortunately named, but to me it's pretty silly to get offended by inane stuff like that, regardless of cultural background.

In the end, it's just a wah with a silly name - hardly the hateful racist statement people in that TGP thread make it out to be.
:lol:

stephenfryquote.jpg

Oh I agree. Just sayin there's some background to that facepalm.

• Members

...the delay time seemed much longer than 300ms, with the tap function it would go quite long, long enough to do some "sound on sound" type stuff.

That was one thing I loved about it, you turned one knob for delay, turn the same knob for more delay, turn it some more if you wanted delay and reverb.

Its definitely not flexible enough for the delay/reverb ambient type players, but for adding air it worked really well...

Thanks for the info.So I take it that the delay will allow for multiple repeats on the trails?

Ed

• Members

HOLE LEE {censored}

yamaha-thr10-glow.jpg

amazing

this thing pretty much defies reality in size/sound and the clean tones were some of the most fendery shimmering awesomeness I've ever heard.

This is the lunchbox you've been looking for.

Yamaha always brings quality. Dirt bikes to drumsets. :thu:

• Members

the lowend was really impressive for sure, held together nicely on the clean tones but I can't imagine using it for bass except for maybe studio work.

Of course, that is what it is for. In Yamaha's own words, it is for "everything you do OFF stage." If it is able to handle a low B with decent clarity, then I am sold.

Archived