News flash... Gonkulator is a...

• Members

I don't come here for pedal approval. :) This forum, when pedals are being discussed, can be educational about technical differences and specific problems and benefits that a pedal may have that are independent of the question, "Does this pedal sound good to you?"

• Members

it all depends

the bad rep it's got is mainly because as a ringmod it's fairly limited, and it has a whiny noise issue

and as a distortion, well I think it can get you something special, with the Gonk and Suck and Smear pretty low and the Heave around 1 o' clock

how are you using it ?

• Members

it all depends

the bad rep it's got is mainly because as a ringmod it's fairly limited, and it has a whiny noise issue

and as a distortion, well I think it can get you something special, with the Gonk and Suck and Smear pretty low and the Heave around 1 o' clock

how are you using it ?

I think the limits are its strengths. Not over the top but able to stay musical. I've not used it live but at live volumes here at my house.

• Members

i had one...

after the novelty wears off...its pretty annoyining. i was thinking of modding it to be able to change the pitch/freq but yeah hte carrier signal is annoying as all hell and needs a tB looper.

old clip of mine...

[video=youtube;KqW1LC8_UEI]

• Members

I actually thought that was a pretty darned cool demo. It seems less "out there" than a lot of ring mods, which can be a bit hard to control and use musically.

I have found if you add just a touch of RM to the dist it can be a great "fuzz" like oddity!

• Members

There was an article with Larry Lalonde in a guitar mag about ten years back where he was talking about being in a guitar shop and overhearing a couple of kids discussing what effect he used on a certain Primus song.

He said he was going to interrupt them and tell them he used a DOD Gonkulator but then he decided not to bother.

• Members

It's a piece of crap, but a fun one! :)

I love mine but I had to pull it off my board because you could hear the carrier signal even when it was bypassed. if I could figure out how to get rid of this problem I'd put it back.

Mine is in a TB loop, so no more noise!

Archived