05-22

El-P

Garbage

Mount Eerie

05-29

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Sigur R

• Members

Death Grips have a new one out too. I like it, but it pisses me off that the vocals are so {censored} in the mix. Exmilitary had such amazing production in all regards that i was just disappointed by this one.

When is the new Neurosis coming out? I'm about to go on a murderous rampage.

• Members

Death Grips have a new one out too. I like it, but it pisses me off that the vocals are so {censored} in the mix. Exmilitary had such amazing production in all regards that i was just disappointed by this one.

I think the vocal production is done just right.

what they do can easily get too polished if they're not careful.

• Members

I think the vocal production is done just right.

what they do can easily get too polished if they're not careful.

all i know is in the last record i could understand all the lyrics, and in this one i can't understand {censored}, and that not only pisses me off as it takes my mind away from the rest. i think the vocals sit terribly in the mix except in one or two tracks. that is really disappointing to me. i still like it a lot, but i can't say i'm crazy about it as i was and still am for Exmilitary.

• Members

Thanks for the update. These ones are on my list to check out.

Silversun Pickups

Best Coast

Sun Kil Moon

Fiona Apple

Julian Plenti (interpol)

The Smashing Pumpkins

The Walkmen

Dirty Projectors

Listened to 60 new 2012 albums so far (plus 12 record store day releases).

Faves so far: Shearwater, Lotus Plaza, Spiritualized, Daniel Rossen and in reissues, The Wall Immersion box.

• Members

I'm looking forward to the new Here We Go Magic lp. I thoguht Pigeons was a great album.

I was excited for the new Keane album... until I heard a couple of leaked tracks :(

Their first 2 albums were full of great songs and melodies, and rich sonics in a classic tradition of English stadium rock. Seems like they are moving into Josh Groban territory now :facepalm:

• Members

all i know is in the last record i could understand all the lyrics, and in this one i can't understand {censored}, and that not only pisses me off as it takes my mind away from the rest. i think the vocals sit terribly in the mix except in one or two tracks. that is really disappointing to me. i still like it a lot, but i can't say i'm crazy about it as i was and still am for Exmilitary.

I just listened to both back to back and totally see what you mean now.

I much prefer the vocal production/tucked in the back mix on The Money Store though.

Archived