Think I might buy this cab. What do you think?

Loobs

• Members

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190661258747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_4486wt_1203

He'll take an offer on it. The speakers are apparently something between V30s and Greenbacks, nice older Celestions which are probably nicely played in. It also looks really cool and will probably sound great under my Jet City for smaller/mic'd gigs/home playing. Cool bit of vintage kit too.

• Members

Nah, he says it's very portable.

You missuenderstood the scouse.

He said "potable".

It collects condensation in the mistymoisty Ludpoolian Climes, filters it thru the pressboard walls, and drinkable water seeps out the bottom.

• Members

You missuenderstood the scouse.

He said "potable".

It collects condensation in the mistymoisty Ludpoolian Climes, filters it thru the pressboard walls, and drinkable water seeps out the bottom.

only he's from South West London.

• Members

I'd try it out first... The fact that it's a PA cab makes me wonder what the low end response is like... Just because it had guitar speakers in it, doesn't mean it will sound good with guitar.. Try it if you can...

• Members

it would work but it will look odd with a head on it, unless you own a really narrow head. if I lived in England I would hunt for a WEM 2x12, those are the sexiest cabs ever made.

In my first teenage band the guitarist used his dad's 60s Sound City head and a pair of 4x10 WEM column cabs. That was one sexy setup :love:

What he didn't know was that one of the cabs only had one speaker in it, and after a while of putting all that power into a single speaker it got so hot it actually burst into flame. It destroyed the speaker and the grille cloth :(

Only time in my life I've ever had to use a fire extinguisher.

edit: just like these

wemcolumn.jpg

Archived