My Les Paul fell like 5ft last night out of its case.

Loobs

• Members

My guitar was in it's case after last night's gig up on some stacked up chairs. When it came time to leave I grabbed the case thinking the latches were locked, but no. As I grabbed it it came tubling out of the case face down. I get down on the floor and expect all kinds of horrendous damage, broken headstock or something. Nothing! Not even a scratch. Phew.

• Members

That's why it's good to develop a case of OCD when it comes to gear. I'm always checking and rechecking everything.

Any time I go through a mental check list, I forget something. And that has resulted in me crafting a similar situation like this posts. Thankfully the guitar case was on a sofa and I caught the heastock before it could adventure to the wood floor.

• Members

last week I was playing my Fibson Les Paul Custom with a strap on and the strap button came out of the body, fortunately I had a grip on the neck when it happened! So I am in the process of doing the toothpick/woodglue fix......hope it works.

• Members

It's a horrible pit of the stomach feeling before you know it's OK.

Last year I tried to carry all my gear (guitar, pedal case and amp) up the steps to my house at one go, fell and sort of half landed on my guitar ( my loved Epi LP Std in a gig bag). I reckon I was lucky to get away with a bit of a dent in the binding and a grazed top hat knob.

Glad all is OK with yours.

• Members

I never leave a case without at least one latch closed, regardless of whether the guitar is inside or not. I got burned by the old case is open trick once, and vowed to never let it happen again. So far.. so good. Glad the LP made it out in such grand condition, I wasn't that fortunate.

Archived