So what sounds like a Ibby DE-7 but with tap tempo?

• Members

As soon as I start digging into it all......Digital, analog & modulation seem appealing.

Reverse, and all the various other BS they try to cram into delays seems pointless.

:idk: I feel the same way about tap tempo :o

• Members

If you don't mind external tap, the marshall echohead does the analog thing pretty well short of self oscillating. So if you don't need that then it's great.

I found it to be closer in tone to the DE7 than both the echo park and the DD7 actually.

• Members

If you don't mind external tap, the marshall echohead does the analog thing pretty well short of self oscillating. So if you don't need that then it's great.

I found it to be closer in tone to the DE7 than both the echo park and the DD7 actually.

Word.

• Members

Cool, they're cheap too......do not need oscillation.

The Nova Delay seems really nice too.

• Members

Cool, they're cheap too......do not need oscillation.

The Nova Delay seems really nice too.

FWIW I like the DE-7 sound lots better than the Nova. The Nova is great though for super clean repeats.

This thread makes me now want an Echohead.

• Members

BOSS DD-7, I got one and sold my DE-7. I use it for looping as well

I have a dd7 and a de7 and while i think they are both great and cover different ground, i did not find the dd7 analog mode to sound the same, or as good as the de7.

• Members

I have a dd7 and a de7 and while i think they are both great and cover different ground, i did not find the dd7 analog mode to sound the same, or as good as the de7.

the analog mode on the DD-7 is modeled after the DM-2 and sounds excellent, the DE-7 is hugely overrated, just my opinion.

• Members

I've owned/played the DL4, Keeley DL4, DD20, Nova series, several analog delays, and the Timeline, and NONE of them have the same character as the DE7 - that 2nd and 3rd repeat are just something special. I'd be willing to pay someone $150 to modify it for tap tempo and add a subdivision if possible. I love it that much.

• Members

I've owned/played the DL4, Keeley DL4, DD20, Nova series, several analog delays, and the Timeline, and NONE of them have the same character as the DE7 - that 2nd and 3rd repeat are just something special. I'd be willing to pay someone $150 to modify it for tap tempo and add a subdivision if possible. I love it that much.

Tried an EQD Disaster Transport yet? No tap but it does everything else so perfectly. :love:

• Members

Tried an EQD Disaster Transport yet? No tap but it does everything else so perfectly.
:love:

Tried the DT - didn't love it as much as I hoped. Modulation was virtually unusable to me; I don't need extreme wacky sounds, just a nice chorus or vibrato to liven it up a bit, and that was really difficult to dial in. The repeats sounded nice, but I still preferred the sound of the DE-7.

Now the Dispatch Master, OTOH, sounds REALLLLLLY tempting.

Archived