Moog MF-104M analog delay

mirrorball

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

I tried pbone's moog delay years ago. I thought it sounded good, but I dunno, it didn't wow me?

I would like to try one of these though. Seems like a lot of good options. No way I could afford one ever though.

I also tried it and thought it was pretty dope. For what you could get them for back then - like $500 ehh? I think thats not bad given the sound which I thought was authentic and there. Didn't lack anything I thought.

Those Tonezar delays though..seems a little too much.

• Members

If you are just gonna plug in an instrument and just run through the pedal then the Moog, any Moog, is not for you. If you are looking to exhaust / experiment with the wealth on cv control / midi / expression then it is worth the cheddar. For me I can't wait to try out all the possibilities using this with my Moog Ring Mod and Goatkeeper.

Moogerfoogers are not intended to be simple effects boxes. They are built around a modular synthesis mentality and shine best in that application.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

If you are just gonna plug in an instrument and just run through the pedal then the Moog, any Moog, is not for you. If you are looking to exhaust / experiment with the wealth on cv control / midi / expression then it is worth the cheddar. For me I can't wait to try out all the possibilities using this with my Moog Ring Mod and Goatkeeper.

Couldn't agree more, this is the case with all moogerfoogers. If you buy one wanting the sound that you have heard elsewhere, you will probably be disappointed. Foogers are all about finding new sounds/combinations.

I'd be running a 102>105>104. Just thinking about that gets me a little tingly in the nether regions.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ollenorin

View Post

The echoczar kills the moog

I'll see whenever my Moog lands. wink.gif

View Post

Moogerfoogers are not intended to be simple effects boxes. They are built around a modular synthesis mentality and shine best in that application.

Agreed. Pointless if all you need is a basic instrument delay.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ollenorin

View Post

So it doesnt sound good just as a guitarpedal?

They all sound great as just guitar pedals but you are paying an awful lot of cheddar and ignoring the huge amount of possibilities with the cv in / out, midi, etc. Its like buying a lamborghini and never drink above 35 miles per hour.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jordanjordan

View Post

{censored}. Order'd.

Now to break the news to my GF...

GF? Gluten Free?

I kid.

I would break the news via song including perfectly synced and organic repeats.

I don't know your lady and I have no idea how you two do *your thing* but my lady enjoys going to Yoga a few times a week as well as the occasional pedicure / manicure. She also keeps a painting studio so she doesn't stink up our place with oil paint. Even if she didn't keep a painting studio the Yoga and nail {censored} adds up faster then you think. As long as the bills are paid a some money goes in the bank then who am I / her to tell me how to spend my hard earned cash?

Organic delays are now belong to you.

• Members

View Post

They all sound great as just guitar pedals but you are paying an awful lot of cheddar and ignoring the huge amount of possibilities with the cv in / out, midi, etc. Its like buying a lamborghini and never drink above 35 miles per hour.

There is no CV out unfortunately. But someone over on Gearslutz emailed Moog about it and they responded that they might, potentially offer an aftermarket mod to include it in the future.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jordanjordan

View Post

Also, in regard to the lack of cv out, it really would have been the icing on the cake. Being able to use the tap tempo in the 104 to sync the tempos on my other foogers would have been amazing. Can't win them all i guess.

This.

Moog really should incorporate that into the cp251 also.

• Members

View Post

i always drink when i drive over 35 miles/h

Archived