Just in case I am leaning to far to the unhelpful side tonight, FREE RING MOD TRICK

hangwire

• Members

Just been using humor to help with some serious life changing stuff that might start tomorrow, but I didn't want to show up the regular dickery masters here, so I thought I would be helpful and give everyone here a free trick to get a psuedo-ring modulation tone from any guitar:

so what you want to do is basicially cross the strings and fret both strings:

| | | | | |

| | | | | |

| | / | |

| | || | |

| | / | |

| | | | | |

| | | | | |

and strum those strings to have a psuedo-ring mod clank

hope that lined up right...

:wave:

• Members

Thanks, Guthrie Govan.

Nothing new.

you mean I didnt invent this :eek:

actually the guy from Wade's guitar shop told me this in 1998 or so? So, I'll pass on the Guthrie Goven [?] reference to him next time with a beard and cheeseburger and tele so he gets the full effect I felt :thu:

• Members

Another way I've don ringmod type sounds is to take a pair of paperclips and clip them across the strings right near the bridge. Gives some very strange overtones because of the new nodes you've just created there.

• Members

cool tip. I remember doing that same thing a long time ago, but had forgotten about it. Even if there is nothing new under the sun, it's nice to be reminded of unique approaches every now and then.

best wishes with whatever else is going on in your life today.

• Members

Another way I've don ringmod type sounds is to take a pair of paperclips and clip them across the strings right near the bridge. Gives some very strange overtones because of the new nodes you've just created there.

This is extra good if the objects are between 2 pickups, both turned on. I used to perform a "song" with a bass string woven between all the strings. Atonal thrash.

Archived