Question about the ridiculous name of The Plexi Drive Wampler

• Members

I was almost gonna buy one, till i found out Wampler designed it as a Marshall JTM-45 in a box.

Now any idiot should know that a JTM-45, and the similar/same Bluesbreaker is a different sound than a later Plexi Superlead.

What the hells that guy trying to pull calling it a "Plexi Drive", if he built it as a JTM-45 Sim pedal?

Don't tell me it can get both sounds, cause I aint buying it.

he can stuiff it sideways.I'll never buy a Wampler pedal if either he's that stupid to not know the difference, or trying to pull a fast one.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

to be fair, I found out the JTM-45 does have a plexi panel, so there IS some gray area, but a JTM-45/bluesbreaker Combo is not what people usually mean by a "Plexi" head Superlead for later on in the 60's.

Still I was looking fora Superlead clone, ALMOST bought it, then just at the nick of time found out about it. Almost wasted my money bigtime, so thats why the rant.

In a way I have relieved myself here.

I have most of the "plexi" pedals Crunchbox,Box of Rock,Rust Driver,Rokett Animal, so glad I diont need to fork out more cash on the Plexi-Drive. I may still get the Wampler Black '65 and or the Plextortion though ( I hope the Black '65 at least *is a 65 deluxe in a box)

Oops forgot, need an old Lovepedal Purple Plexi.

• Members

Hold the Phone! I just found out somthing disturbing.

A few of these"Plexi in a box" pedals, like the MI Crunchbox, are just Marshall Bluesbreaker (vintage) pedal circuits modified for more gain. In that case,becasue the old Bluesbreaker pedal was of course a bluesbreaker sim pedal, they all, or many if not most, may basically be higher gain type JTM-45 sim pedals...birds of a feather, so to say.

• Members

Is this normal that when someone poasts something here the A-clowns all show up to throw their water baloons?

Jeez, don't get all butthurt because no one cares about Marshall dirt pedal minuscule details. There is another place for that type of naval gazing already noted.

• Members

I've been using a Plexidrive for almost a year now and now that you've pointed this out I am filled with disgusted rage. I tried playing through it again and all of a sudden it sounds like a DS1. Cursing myself, I took the pedal and threw it into a trash compactor, and am now sifting The Gear Page Emporium for a more historically correct overdrive pedal.

• Members

I was almost gonna buy one, till i found out Wampler designed it as a Marshall JTM-45 in a box.

Now any idiot should know that a JTM-45, and the similar/same Bluesbreaker is a different sound than a later Plexi Superlead.

What the hells that guy trying to pull calling it a "Plexi Drive", if he built it as a JTM-45 Sim pedal?

Don't tell me it can get both sounds, cause I aint buying it.

he can stuiff it sideways.I'll never buy a Wampler pedal if either he's that stupid to not know the difference, or trying to pull a fast one.

[video=youtube;hklr1Pv2noo]

ch_query%3Dsomeone%2Bhas%2Bsent%2Bme%2Ba%2Bbowel%2 Bmovement%26oq%3Dsomeone%2Bhas%2Bsent%2Bme%2Ba%2Bb owel%2Bm%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.1.0.33i21l2.4570.10657.0 .12225.29.25.0.4.4.0.152.2070.20j5.25.0...0.0...1a c.GI70z8p3hM0&has_verified=1

i guess this is what you mean.

• Members

185px-Doug.png

"Doug: [wearing a T-shirt that says "Genius at Work"] Hi. A question for Miss Bellamy. In episode 2F09 when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

June Bellamy: Uh, well...

Homer: I'll field this one.

Homer: [to Doug] Let me ask you a question. Why would a man whose shirt says "Genius at Work" spend all of his time watching a children's cartoon show?

[pause]

Doug: I withdraw my question.

[takes a bite from a bar of chocolate] "

^ thats is what OP sounds like to me.

Archived