• Last Reply
  • Members

Van hagar'd

Hard.

:lol:

Go to tgp and rave about Dumble in a box pedals that really are cheap rehouses

sad-clown.jpg

circlejerk.jpg

The following is not for the pathetic Clown Shoes who have posted in this thread, with whom I have no interest in conversing wiht now, or ever, who's skill and interest in this topic run shallow( so you sad funny fool;s go right ahead and dont let me interrupt your circle jerk while mentally masturbate each other).. but for anyone with actual concerns about the issue of the so called 'Plexi in a Box', who might find this thread sometime.

Heres what I found out about the most populr Plexi in a Box'

1)Rocket Animal- Now THIS is the late 60's actual Plexi in a box pedal, "Plexi" being the common term ofr a late 60's marshall.

2) Zvex Box of Rock- this is a another JTM 45 plexi paneled clone. The difefrence in sound being it should be spongier, with less pronounced of a midrange attack than a late 60's "Plexi".

3) HAO Rust Driver. This is a true Late 60's Plexi in a Box designed simulation pedal.

4) MI Crunch Box- Tghis is a Modern sounding British AMp simulation opedal, although it does say it can dial in some classic sounds

5) Wampler Plexi-Drive- Definmityl a JTM45/Bluesbreaker sim pedal.

6) marshall Vintage Bluesbreaker pedald. The forst Bluesbreaker /JTM45 in a box pedal, which hevaily inflyuenced the design of at least the Crunch Box

I have all of them except the Wampler, which despite my rant, I probably will end up getting.

• Members

I agree that pedal names should be completely accurate to represent what you're getting. I'm still {censored}ing pissed when I found out that the Rainbow Machine didn't make {censored}ing rainbows. BOYCOTT!!!

You should try my new pedal, the Savior Machine. It makes Jesus.

• Members

Wow, I actually really did unwittingly interrupt one great big circle jerk club! Sorry... haha.No wonder you guys are such pathetic losers, you are all in a contest to see who can jerk off the best!

While this might be somewhat true, the point is you're never going to have a pedal that sounds exactly like the amp it's emulating because they can only act as a preamp and a lot of the differences between amps come from the way the power section interacts with the preamp. Since you've got that going on in whatever amp you are running into you can never really guarantee that any pedal has the specific nuances of any particular amp. Just as an example, I have a pedal my amp tech made that is literally a tube full voltage jcm800 preamp in a box and, of course it sounds like a jcm to a degree (it sounds awesome always, regardless) but it sounds different in different amps. So, really, those names are just to lead people in the ballpark of what the pedal might be reminiscent of with certain amp setups. That's why it's kind of ridiculous to be outraged at the name of a pedal. My advice would be not to worry what the pedal is supposed to sound like and just decide if you like it or not. Disregard all other marketing surrounding it and use your ears. No pedal will sound exactly like any amp.

• Members

While this might be somewhat true, the point is you're never going to have a pedal that sounds exactly like the amp it's emulating because they can only act as a preamp and a lot of the differences between amps come from the way the power section interacts with the preamp. Since you've got that going on in whatever amp you are running into you can never really guarantee that any pedal has the specific nuances of any particular amp. Just as an example, I have a pedal my amp tech made that is literally a tube full voltage jcm800 preamp in a box and, of course it sounds like a jcm to a degree (it sounds awesome always, regardless) but it sounds different in different amps. So, really, those names are just to lead people in the ballpark of what the pedal might be reminiscent of with certain amp setups. That's why it's kind of ridiculous to be outraged at the name of a pedal. My advice would be not to worry what the pedal is supposed to sound like and just decide if you like it or not. Disregard all other marketing surrounding it and use your ears. No pedal will sound exactly like any amp.

sorry, but i see the point differently.

this guy decided to start a thread where he may have been irritated, and expected sycophantic support without any real evidence or experience with the pedal being complained about.

If he had instead presented the thread as "hey, this pedal is supposed to be X but is named Y, anyone play one and can tell me about which is true" I think there would have been more positive responses.

I think the culture here at HCFX is a bit less heavy with the stupid blind fervor, which I feel is a good thing :thu:

• Members

sorry, but i see the point differently.

this guy decided to start a thread where he may have been irritated, and expected sycophantic support without any real evidence or experience with the pedal being complained about.

If he had instead presented the thread as "hey, this pedal is supposed to be X but is named Y, anyone play one and can tell me about which is true" I think there would have been more positive responses.

I think the culture here at HCFX is a bit less heavy with the stupid blind fervor, which I feel is a good thing
:thu:

Yeah, I agree. The part that struck me as trollish was outrage over a pedal being named x when it's supposed to apparently be y but is based on z.

It's not like Marshall preamps are exactly anything that can be specifically copied in pedal form other than the basic idea.

• Members

I find it a certain level of fantasy to claim any pedal sounds like a particular amp. If I wasn't capable of assuming I can insert "evocative of" or "more like than other pedals" into the description, the mere claim would cause me to look at the company with suspicion. However, I have little doubt, even without hearing most of them, that the amp labels on didgital modelers tend to be far more fantasy-based than those of boutique pedals.

Archived