"Urgent" by Foreigner; guitar tone

music321

• Members

any ideas as to how the guitar tone in Foreigner's "Urgent" was made? Thanks.

obviously, there is reverb and delay. I wonder about the overdrive.

Found out some stuff so far: used a Roland Jet Phaser for some songs; used a hipkitty amp. Listening to a clip of a hipkitty "kitty box" he might not have used any additional effects.

• Members

saw Foreigner on HDnet a few weeks back... recent concert. Mick Jones was the only original member. Looked like the "old guy" on guitar with a bunch of Guitar Center employee wannabe rawk starz as his backup band pretending to be Foreigner. It really wasn't too bad when I just closed my eyes and listened. But when I watched, I laughed and felt sorry.

• Members

Yes, the only Hipsters hate Foreigner argument. Works every time.

Or it sucks in every sucky way of suckydom, even when it came out. Sucky. Sucky.

Shitting on someone else's music because your taste is so much better... it has similarities to cooler-than-thou hipster wank. Sucky way of expressing preferences. Sucky. Sucky.

• Members

t gets so urgent So urgent You know it's urgent I wanna tell you it's the same for me So awful urgent, urgent, urgent, just wait and see How urgent our love can be It's urgent (urgent, urgent...)

You say it's urgent Make it fast, make it urgent Do it quick, do it urgent Gotta work, make it urgent, urgent, urgent... Want it quick, make it urgent, urgent, emergency Urgent, urgent, emergency Urgent, urgent, urgent, urgent, emergency Urgent, urgent, urgent, urgent, emergency

So this thread made me look up Foreigner songs. This band may be responsible for me changing the radio station than any other. I'm gonna have to go listen to some Blondie to clear my head...