pretty funny tgp thread i just stumbled upon

Loobs

• Members

OP is not that far off, apart from picturing him ashamed to show his "cheap" guitar in public. Always surprised me how some guys over there collect CS fenders and gibsons as they were collecting stickers. The "high-end" market they call it, were guitars have to "meet your expectations". I searched and I couldn't find a single thread about the offsquiers, seems like they are too cheap to be even called -guitars-.

"Bluesmasters" :facepalm: You bet they know who's buying that guitar..

That seemed pretty tame compared to the normal TGP fair....

One particular thread contained the classic line, "I would rather be a bad guitar player with good guitars than a good guitar player with a bad guitar"......

There are not enough facepalms in the internet for this one

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a thread over there right now asking for recommendations for cheap alternatives to Gravity and V-picks.

Never heard of them so I looked them up.

Gravity's are laser-cut acrylics.

Yours for the low low price of $3.99.

Per pick.

:facepalm:

I got a free sample Gravity pick. It has been the only pick I've used for the past 6 months. They do last quite a while before {censored}ting themselves. I'm just surprised I haven't lost it yet.

Check this out:

http://shop.bluechippick.net/products/Jazz100.html

• Members
wow wtf?

I decided to Wikipedia Seth Lover to make sure he wasn't still alive (nope
:(
) and this comes up in his bio:

Two weeks to the day after his final appearance in bed with David Bowie behind stage at the National Association of Music Merchants show, Seth E. Lover, inventor of the humbucker pickup, died aged 87.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Lover

That must be some kind of a joke or mistake or something.

• Members

I played one last night. They really do play themselves, I just don't find they have any weight behind the tone. They're so easy to play though. They make you play {censored} you couldn't play on other guitars.

This is definitely the biggest positive about Paul Reed Smiths..... They play so easy!

• Members

That seemed pretty tame compared to the normal TGP fair....

One particular thread contained the classic line, "I would rather be a bad guitar player with good guitars than a good guitar player with a bad guitar"......

Holy {censored}!!! There aren't enough facepalms on the internet to respond to that lose.

• Members

damn this guy is good. Got a very frisell/jim capilongo sound going on.

Yeah, he does in this one! He's a bit of a chameleon. He plays some pretty full on {censored} in his own trio that's a bit choppier, he also plays some beautiful trio music on his nylon string with an accordion and tenor saxophone, as well as some far out noisy {censored} as well. He's a great teacher as well. There's a great

Album of his with Jim Black playing drums.....

• Members

It's like.. you play a guitar

and it has ideas buried inside of it

and the only way to dig those ideas out is to bring the guitar home

I know Char (the author of the above)........

He's mocking them.

Just thought I'd mention that.

• Members

I thought this was a bit funny. Not so much the thread as a whole, but the thread starter made it

{censored} that {censored}.

Anyway yeah it's amazing that church dude got a good sound with such {censored} amps as a matchless and ac30 and running that crappy lollar-equipped guitar and a tele into them.

• Members

Yeah, he does in this one! He's a bit of a chameleon. He plays some pretty full on {censored} in his own trio that's a bit choppier, he also plays some beautiful trio music on his nylon string with an accordion and tenor saxophone, as well as some far out noisy {censored} as well. He's a great teacher as well. There's a great

Album of his with Jim Black playing drums.....

Very cool, I'm a big Jim Black fan.

Archived