HNPD-Delaylab

• Members

Nice. I've had mine a little while and I really like it. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it once you've got your head round it.

Love that first analog delay preset. I turned the feedback down a little, but it's really nice for self-indulgent home noodling :D

• Members

Nice. I've had mine a little while and I really like it. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it once you've got your head round it.

Love that first analog delay preset. I turned the feedback down a little, but it's really nice for self-indulgent home noodling
:D

Yeah it's a real, sit down with the manual and work through it all job!

Impressed so far, managed to get some weird Aphex Twin style glitchy sounds out of the Lo Fi delay as well.

Will report back in a week!

• Members

HNPD!

DL4 killer?

Not used a DL-4 for very long but so far judging by the sheer amount of sounds I would definitely say so! Initial impressions are that as well as the standard delays it does a good shimmer sound, a nice, ethereal combined delay and verb and SuperDelay, mode 7 style pitch shifted repeats as well

• Members

Not used a DL-4 for very long but so far judging by the sheer amount of sounds I would definitely say so! Initial impressions are that as well as the standard delays it does a good shimmer sound, a nice, ethereal combined delay and verb and SuperDelay, mode 7 style pitch shifted repeats as well

Sweet deal, enjoy!

• Members

HNPD!! I've had this one on my radar since I first heard the rumors, been waiting for ever for a poor man's Superdelay...So here's my strategy: -Mod my DL-4 and sell it to the highest bidder. -Save some more cash and have a liiiiitlle patience untill I'll be able to buy a used delaylab. -Profit! CSB/

• Members

HNPD!!

I've had this one on my radar since I first heard the rumors, been waiting for ever for a pore man's Superdelay...So here's my strategy:

-Mod my DL-4 and sell it to the highest bidder.

-Save some more cash and have a liiiiitlle patience untill I'll be able to buy a used delaylab.

-Profit!

CSB/

Yeah or just be like me and buy it even though you can't really afford it!

I've always thought of a SMMW/H as a poor man's SuperDelay for some reason

• Members

Yeah or just be like me and buy it even though you can't really afford it!

I've always thought of a SMMW/H as a poor man's SuperDelay for some reason

SMMW/H is cool, but it lacks a couple more footswitchable user presets...

• Members

This seems like a cool delay, I'd like to hear PGS or Prymaxe demo it. They made a good decision at this price point too. About it's biggest detraction's is its size, but many bought the DL4 but I wonder if today, size does make more difference. That's what she said anyways, lol.

• Members

This seems like a cool delay, I'd like to hear PGS or Prymaxe demo it. They made a good decision at this price point too. About it's biggest detraction's is its size, but many bought the DL4 but I wonder if today, size does make more difference. That's what she said anyways, lol.

yeah it is the size of a small pedalboard!

• Members

Nice, I've been thinking about one of these, too. Could you pretty please upload a demo of the pitch-shifted sounds? Looking for something to do that shimmer thang. Thanks, and HNPD!

I'll try and knock one up next week sir! Messed around some more tonight and there's actually an early reflections setting that pretty much nails the MBV reverb sound (that's what Shields used right?) so that's another vote in its favour!

• Members

F*ck, why did you have to bring up this thread again? I'm having enough trouble controling my GAS for this pedlol as it is:mad:

Anyway, it's probably too late now, I think I just kinda sorta might have ordered me a delaylab:facepalm::lol:

Placed an ebay best offer bid thingy for a new one, offered slightly less than what a new B-stock delaylab would cost. So anyone else in Europe looking for one: 222euro at thomann. You're welcome.

• Members

How easy is it to get dotted eight or other odd delay times?

Pretty easy to get time subdivisions, there's a button at the top labeled "sync". I believe if you hit that, you can then use the time knob, and it'll display the different divisions on the screen to choose from.

• Members

Pretty easy to get time subdivisions, there's a button at the top labeled "sync". I believe if you hit that, you can then use the time knob, and it'll display the different divisions on the screen to choose from.

NICE! Also, anyone try it with a voodoolab pp2+ yet?

• Members

This is correct. There are lots of subdivisions to choose from too, which is always good.

In the parallel delay mode you can set different subdivisions for each delay line and in the multi-head tape mode and the rhythmic/multi-tap modes you have the sync function in addition to the different rhythm pattern options.

Alternatively, you can turn the sync off on the parallel delays and set the second line independently of the first- set it to a slightly shorter delay time and you get a Steve Reich / Discipline-era King Crimson style effect where the repeats fall out of sync with each other. Haven't tried this in stereo yet, but I bet it makes you puke.

• Members

Which output on the Supa Charger? Tried running mine on my Stage 5 board.....none of the DC outlets would run it for but a minute or so...then it would freak out and turn off. Running it with a 1Spot right now

Delaylab wants 300mA. I run mine off a 1Spot too with a bunch of other pedals and haven't had a problem.

Archived