As a Canuckistanian in 'murica...

4nd3h

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, go buy a gun and shoot some stuff. That's probably the most American thing you could do since everything we have we got from elsewhere.

Maybe get arrested?

It's easy enough to get arrested in Canada...trust me.

Chipotle is a good metaphor for American food...lots of fat for little money and great unwashed will be basking it the relatively mediocre, mass produced food they that they see as high quality.

• Members

Yeah, but aren't all the cops really nice? Isn't everyone really nice?

I bet it would be more pleasant. He could get arrested here (easily as well) but it would be all hardcore like on the television!

PUT YOUR {censored}ING HANDS ON YOUR HEAD!

• Members

Can I shoot things if I'm 17?

I'm in Southfield, MI. Near Detroit. Leaving today, back on Monday.

Yeah, but aren't all the cops really nice? Isn't everyone really nice?

I bet it would be more pleasant. He could get arrested here (easily as well) but it would be all hardcore like on the television!

PUT YOUR {censored}ING HANDS ON YOUR HEAD!

fbi pls

• Members

we have chipotle here in toronto andeh...get out more breau.

as far as US only things available in michigan:

-Doritos Locos taco at taco bell. and everything else at taco bell is 100x better than our canadian taco bells. try the Baja Blast drink from teh fountain machine, so good

-Go to meijer or any store and pick up a few bags of Flamin' Hot Cheetos. That {censored} is the bomb.

-grab some vanilla or cherry coke too

-white castle for hte novelty, but not really that good

-CHEAP chinese buffets, i know you love that {censored}!

-ask ETI about the couple burger/pizza/milkshake places he loves in detroit

-hit up the dollar menu at mcdonalds and wendys - our $1.40 menu doesnt even come close to their stuff

-try to hit up Mongolian BBQ, that {censored} is the tits

-dont get mugged or shot

• Members

1. Find some other place that makes burritos. Preferably not a chain.

2. Eat there instead.

Nothing against Chipotle, since it is pretty delicious, and I'm pretty excited to have one coming to Wilmington, but I would much rather eat at a local burrito spot the majority of the time.

• Members

Been to the stampede yet?

-ask ETI about the couple burger/pizza/milkshake places he loves in detroit

I'd tell you, but there's nothing in Southfield.

At least you can tell people you've been to "South Detroit" ;-)

• Members

1. Find some other place that makes burritos. Preferably not a chain.

2. Eat there instead.

Nothing against Chipotle, since it is pretty delicious, and I'm pretty excited to have one coming to Wilmington, but I would much rather eat at a local burrito spot the majority of the time.

Meh, its Michigan.

Honestly, Mexican/Tex-Mex/etc. food outside of the Southwest is nothing great. If he were in San Diego, L.A. or somewhere he could get better Mexican fod on a street corner than most of the U.S. can in any restaurant.

On the flip side, I can assure you, despite all the places that advertise it, you'll never find good NC pork BBQ in L.A.

Does Michigan even have indigenous foodstuffs?

• Members

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I'll look for other local places.

Wat? I'd never even heard of this place outside of the reddits and just now when asked for my order. But yeah, I don't go outside.

Almost forgot about dat
cherry coke

Also,

das racist

I believe they still sell "New Coke" around Detroit, but now they call it Coke II.

531295149_21a3925853_z.jpg

Coke_II_by_tyrie2001.jpg

• Members

Meh, its Michigan.

Honestly, Mexican/Tex-Mex/etc. food sucks ass outside of the Southwest. If he were in San Diego, L.A. or somewhere he could get better Mexican fod on a street corner than most of the U.S. can in any restaurant.

On the flip side, I can assure you, despite all the places that advertise it, you'll never find good NC pork BBQ in L.A.

Does Michigan even have indigenous foodstuffs?

Detroit's got Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods right? The building may look ramshackled, but there is good ass Mexican food in every city if you look I should think.

There's a joint here in Indy that makes awesome Tex Mex stuff. Delicious cantina style tacos, and every meat from tripe to chorizo.

• Members

Chipotle is a good metaphor for American food...lots of fat for little money and great unwashed will be basking it the relatively mediocre food they believe to be high quality.

your-high-horse.jpg

I wouldn't call Chipotle cheap at all either.

• Members

Chipotle is a good metaphor for American food...lots of fat for little money and great unwashed will be basking it the relatively mediocre food they believe to be high quality.

your-high-horse.jpg

I wouldn't call Chipotle cheap at all either.

• Members

$8?

Cheap.

Compared to what? A "sit down" restaurant can be cheaper. All fast food is cheaper.

I like the Chip, but a $10 lunch isn't cheap in my book. $8+tax for the burrito, chips+guac is like $4, drink is another couple bucks, could could drop $15 if you get a drink and a side.

Archived