I wasn't there.

Cirrus

• Members

Come on - own up. Tell me about a REALLY special live show moment you weren't there to bear witness to.

My friends saw Nine Inch Nails at Reading a few years back and apparently it was totally mindblowing. That was pretty damn special (my mate said to me "You should have been there, man!").

Probably my biggest though - I could have been at Live8 for the Pink Floyd re-join. Twas awesomely exciting to watch on TV, but I was doing nothing that day, could have gone down.

Tell me yours, there must be a ton of tragic stories kicking about in here. Come on you unlucky bastards!

• Members

Saw Sigur Ros on my 21st birthday in a small theatre (maybe holds 250 people). That was pretty damn incredible.

Edit: just read the OP again and I got it backwards...whoops. Yeah I wasn't at Woodstock either...or for the Beatles on the Sullivan show

• Members

Come on - own up. Tell me about a REALLY special live show moment you weren't there to bear witness to.

My friends saw Nine Inch Nails at Reading a few years back and apparently it was totally mindblowing. That was pretty damn special (my mate said to me "You should have been there, man!").

Gonna have to brag here but I saw that and yeah it was nuts. The SFX system they had was incredible, all the best songs, top form, the works. Smashing Pumpkins were on after and we watched like 3 songs and went back to our tents.

• Members

Gonna have to brag here but I saw that and yeah it was nuts. The SFX system they had was incredible, all the best songs, top form, the works. Smashing Pumpkins were on after and we watched like 3 songs and went back to our tents.

Gat damn! I was there the day before with a day ticket to see arcade fire and bloc party, all my mates were camping.

• Members

In 2002, Midnight Oil played at the Taste of Chicago for free. I've been a big Midnight Oil fan for a long time and had never gotten to see them. I wanted to go, but 1) I can't stand Taste of Chicago and 2) they were playing immediately after the Indigo Girls. There was no way in hell I was going to wade through an audience of Indigo Girls fans to get close to the stage for the Oils, so I said "Screw it, I'll just see them when they come back." Then they broke up and Peter Garrett went into politics. :cry:

Archived