Only on TGP

dpizappi

• Members

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1121431

This is a little old but I just found it on the pedal emporium. Dude was selling a Walrus Audio Voyager pedal, supposedly new in box. Three days later no one has bit so he responds by raising the price to $185. Walrus sells this pedal direct for $189. When someone asks why he raised it he says he had it priced too low. :confused:

And then someone actually buys the thing. :facepalm:

• Members

raising prices is in fact a real sales strategy
:idk:
see nothing wrong with that, considering it worked.

also, for some reason the walrus voyager and mayflower go for insane prices even used

The best example I ever saw was in the mid 80's.The store where i worked was a Hamer dealer who bought them directly from Joel. We had run through most of a batch, so the remainders went on sale for $399 (pink Prototypes and the like). Sold a few more, and now we were really down to the dregs. The boss came in one day and said to raise the prices on the leftovers to $499. I thought that he was nuts. Sold them all inside a week.

• Members

srs?? how do you not have a computer?? and for a buck its well worth it breau. we gotta talk bizness

I kinda dropped my laptop :(

I also don't have a credit card; can't get tinychat app unless I ask my mummy for her info. :cry:

• Members

Same thing happened to me right here on HCFX...

Bought a Micro Pog for and paid for it right away with paypal.

2 days later the seller sent me a refund because he found someone else to sell it to for more.

Tried to lie about it, etc.

Funny, cause it wasn't that long ago I was standing up for him when he was getting jerked around by This1smyne.

Archived