NGD Take Two!

Aaron SS

• Members

So after much debate over issues out of my control with the paisley tele I ended up having to take it back for something else. Here's what I ended up with...

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0024-1.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Brand new Highway One Tele. American made with a Nitro finish and a vintage bridge (two features I'm a big fan of)

The store I got it from was very understanding about the issues with the paisley and ended up cutting me a deal of my initial trade + $200 out the door. Great deal considering how much better this guitar is. It gets even better when I consider how much more usage this will get over the stuff I traded in.

Needless to say I'm very happy :thu:

• Members

Link to paisley NGD?

Well, it's sunburst, definitely no paisley. All that matters is you're happy with it. HNGD.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2943861-Unexpected-NGD!&highlight=

The paisley was a looker for sure but they contacted Fender for a new one and they said the run was over and there were no more to be had.

In this case sound, playability, and quality win out over looks as I'm not a huge burst fan but this thing plays like a dream.

• Members

The trendy HCFX thing to do would be to put a gold pickguard on it.
:cop:

I like rack gear, thus I'm far from HCFX approved trendyness ;)

The tinkerer in me wishes there was something to change about this guitar but it really is solid throughout. With the paisley I could have easily changed the pups and the tuners but both of those are a non issue with this guitar.

• Members

I like rack gear, thus I'm far from HCFX approved trendyness
;)

The tinkerer in me wishes there was something to change about this guitar but it really is solid throughout. With the paisley I could have easily changed the pups and the tuners but both of those are a non issue with this guitar.

Put some compensated brass saddles on that bad boy...THEN you'll be in heaven. Always liked the Highway Ones. Only think I didn't like about them was (if I'm remembering correctly) their necks were a little think for me. Can't beat US made + nitro finish. Should age quite well :)

• Members

Put some compensated brass saddles on that bad boy...THEN you'll be in heaven. Always liked the Highway Ones. Only think I didn't like about them was (if I'm remembering correctly) their necks were a little think for me. Can't beat US made + nitro finish. Should age quite well
:)

Great point.

I was going to mention that I've already ordered brass compensated saddles because that's what I've got on my other tele and I wouldn't have it any other way. Here's my other tele for kicks

tele-1.jpg

Gutted wiring, vintage bridge, bridge cover, compensated brass saddles, and possibly a set of Dimarzios. I'm still deciding if I want to install them or not because I got pretty comfortable with the sound of this as it is, it's just extremely noisy.

Archived