Do you find yourself coming back to one sound?

Ryan.

• Members

Last night I was playing with my new black secret, my HRD, and my Hoof.

Basically I'd go through the dirt on the amp and find a sound I liked. Then I'd go to the black secret and dial in something good. Then I'd go to my hoof and do the same.

Then I'd play some guitar to see what I had come up with. Kick on the Hoof, love it. Switch to the rat, love it. Switch to the amp dirt, love it. Then realize... they all sound REALLY similar.

I have to remind myself okay, I bought the hoof to get more dirty sloppy fuzz toans... and I got the secret to get that straight forward nickelback rock sound. Etc.

I hate knowing what I like and having 3 ways to get the same thing. Thats some bull{censored} man. Natty da bes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thing is the Hoof isnt sloppy fuzzy, its more refined and smooth

Just sounds fat, but this fatness gets lost alot when using a combo amp

Also youre just setting your pedals to that sound in your head that you like

Try moving the tone knob around and dig into the different sounds in the knob

• Members
I like the good sound.

Speaking of which, how are you liking the HRD subs? I have my eyes on one locally for $400..
:snax:

I like it a lot, my only gripe is the volume. I'm at drum level volume at 2. where 1 is basically 0 (if that makes sense). I'm not a fan of using my volume knob on the guitar. If you're used to tweaking volume on guitar then you'll be good to go. The reverb in the amp is pretty surf rock in my opinion. i think dick dale everytime i crank the reverb. I only see the volume as an issue in the band room though, and the main issue is i've got good cleans at 2 but it makes dialing the dirt pedals difficult without totally going crazy and not being able to hear the singer and {censored}.

i play the lp and the cleans are nice, especially compared to my old half stack. tele will be even sparklyer i imagine.

• Members

i find myself doing great big, awesome pick slides all the time. makes everything seem like something incredible is getting ready to happen even if it ends up just being another even
bigger
and even
more awesome
pick slide.

you mean like that?

yes, but only when wearing a cape

• Members

Thing is the Hoof isnt sloppy fuzzy, its more refined and smooth

Just sounds fat, but this fatness gets lost alot when using a combo amp

Also youre just setting your pedals to that sound in your head that you like

Try moving the tone knob around and dig into the different sounds in the knob

natty you da bes. so tone knob is for getting different tones you say? intereting...

hoof isn't sloppy, wrong word choice, just its possible to dial in OD sounds with hoof and what i need is fuzz. when i play teh songs we make for fuzz i'm like... wait i need fuzz not this OD {censored}. so i gotta re-dial. wrong number.

• Members

My biggest problem isn't coming back to one sound, it's getting lodged in one key. Standard? Oh I'll play in G. DAEAC#E? Oh I'll play in A. FACGCE? Oh I'll play in C. I get burnt out so fast once I'm used to playing in the key, yet at the same time it's so hard to try others without feeling like your hands are broken.

Maybe that's just me.

• Members

My biggest problem isn't coming back to one sound, it's getting lodged in one key. Standard? Oh I'll play in G. DAEAC#E? Oh I'll play in A. FACGCE? Oh I'll play in C. I get burnt out so fast once I'm used to playing in the key, yet at the same time it's so hard to try others without feeling like your hands are broken.

Maybe that's just me.

Well you are limited by those tunings. Try some different capo positions and get the glass elevator ceiling out of your butt.

• Members

Maybe that's just me.

Good god, every song I've written in the passed 6 months is in A. I'm gonna have to pull that R&B bull{censored} and name the album "Songs in A Major"

• Members

It's good to learn something else. I'm actually making music now that I'm playing keyboard because it was the instrument that I feel the most at home with. I never really felt that way about guitar but it wasn't until I actually picked something else up did I realize that. Best O LUCK CHUM

Archived