Red Dwarf series 10

Elessar [Sly]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by percyexpat View Post
The 2009 special was dreadful so I'm keeping my expectations low but my hopes high!
It was better than the last whole season before it. I didn't see it at the time (the season before that had turned me off it) so only saw it for the first time this year when I watched the whole run. It's absolutely tedious. I had to struggle to watch through it.
So I'm hoping it will be good, but I won't be surprised if it isn't.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
I found a VHS tape in a box next to a dumpster that had two or three episodes of Red Dwarf. All I remember from it was it had some Jamaican dude and a dorky dude in some kind of space ship.

It was visually cheesy.
Probably from the first couple of seasons where they had approximately 27pence to spend on set design.

• Members

The episode synopses (see spoiler box) look like they could be funny, I've got my fingers crossed. I'm so excited all six of my nipples are tingling biggrin.gif

Episode 1: Trojan
Thursday 4th October 2012

Rimmer receives an SOS Distress Call from a doomed ship commanded by his all-conquering brother, Howard. But Rimmer can

• Members

Not hopeful for it being good. Something was lost when Rob Grant left and Doug Naylor stayed on.

Funny seeing the comments about the early seasons being cheap. Back then, one episode of Red Dwarf was equivalent to the entire 14 episode season budget of Doctor Who of that era. How things have changed...

• Members

First two seasons dragged a bit and nothing much happened, the revamped seasons were good, then they introduced a woman into it (a surefire way to kill a classic British sitcom). ANd that whole - going back to the original Red Dwarf rebuilt by nanobots plot was silly. I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Members

First two seasons dragged a bit and nothing much happened, the revamped seasons were good, then they introduced a woman into it (a surefire way to kill a classic British sitcom). ANd that whole - going back to the original Red Dwarf rebuilt by nanobots plot was silly. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah defo, but I still think I'll watch the whole of this series/give it a chance. I have be waiting a long time!

Archived