O/T Electribe owners/users

• Members

Which ones do you like and why?

I am checking the rhythm ones online because I wouldn't mind adding some sequencing to the mix. I was in a band a while back which relied heavily on the rhythm one as well as the sampler and I remember it being a little limited in the sense that you couldn't really tweak the beat loops all that much (in other words, had to stick to one beat or time signature the whole song through).

Are the newer versions essentially the same? Of course, what I described could definitely be user error. I never fiddled with them all that much, which is why I am asking here.

Thanks for any comments.

:wave:

• Members

the older ones can be had from like $80-120 usually. A drummer I played with had the drum machine/rhythm one and it was pretty cool. I've considered getting one.

Seems like the sampling one and the rhythm one are the best/most useful.

• Members

the first thing i tried to do with my ER-1 was 'Idioteque' by Radiohead. all the sounds are there, but i couldn't get the loop length right.. always too long. i think that song drops a single bar of 2/4 in somewhere.

• Members

the first thing i tried to do with my ER-1 was 'Idioteque' by Radiohead. all the sounds are there, but i couldn't get the loop length right.. always too long. i think that song drops a single bar of 2/4 in somewhere.

2/4 - nice. Any idea whether the newer versions have improved loop length?

Otherwise, the prices on the older ones aren't half bad.

• Members

According to Wikipedia:

The Korg Electribe R was released in 1999 as a dedicated electronic drum machine to complement the Korg Electribe A bass synthesizer. It features a 64 step sequencer and is MIDI-controllable. The sound is generated by digital signal processor circuits but can be manipulated in realtime (analog modeling synthesizer principle). A cross modulation function (replacing the previous ring modulation of the Mk I version) can be applied to percussion synthesizers 1 and 2 in the ER-1 Mk II version. The only other differences were new preset rhythm patterns and the metal casing.

• Members

ever Since i saw that cover i have always wanted an EM-1. still want One but i may end up getting another sequencer/grooveboxxx in that price-range depends on the luck of the draw. good thing about these is that you can put in yr own sounds. 1st gens are cheap but you have to decide which one you want becuz each focus on one thing. have heard that 1st gen input/output jacks crap out but IDK if that is INTERNET_Hersey or what.

• Members

ever Since i saw that cover i have always wanted an EM-1. still want One but i may end up getting another sequencer/grooveboxxx in that price-range depends on the luck of the draw. good thing about these is that you can put in yr own sounds. 1st gens are cheap but you have to decide which one you want becuz each focus on one thing. have heard that 1st gen input/output jacks crap out but IDK if that is INTERNET_Hersey or what.

I've got th ER and EA-1. Both have been used extensively live, but I've never had problems with the outputs on them. I have more problems screwing up cables...

• Members

I've got th ER and EA-1. Both have been used extensively live, but I've never had problems with the outputs on them. I have more problems screwing up cables...

i was actually referencing THIS. plus you gotta think these Machines are more than a decade-plus old now and most people i would assume don't use them extensively for live performances. not saying it is true or that they are not solid just saying i wouldn't be surprised if it were true & just throwing it out there for people trying to buy one used on ebay or craigslist or something. it is not like i still don't won't one they or bands/groups i admire/love/respect prominently use the Electribe...

• Members

now and most people i would assume don't use them extensively for live performances. not saying it is true or that they are not solid just saying i wouldn't be surprised if it were true & just throwing it out there for people trying to buy one used on ebay or craigslist or something. it is not like i still don't won't one they or bands/groups i admire/love/respect prominently use the Electribe...

I understand. I didn't mean to excite you into replying with this. And I wasnt saying you were wrong. I have had my ER since new, and my EA was bought second hand about 5 years ago. It's just not been my experience.

That was a cool YT cover you posted btw. My buddy has one of the EMs. He was always able to make great sounds come out of it.

Archived