Lets talk about EQ pedals

Naterel

• Members

I use the EQ on my Mesa Boogie Mark V in conjunction with the Channel 3/Mark IIC+ for my fusion lead sound.

Before I was using an Alpha Drive into a Cool Cat Transparent OD V1... I realized the amps channel felt/sounded much better so I set up the Channel 3/Mark IIC+ mode and modeled the Mark V's EQ curve after the EQ settings on my TODV1.

Worked out perfectly!

fusionBandRig.jpg

I was then able to pull all that {censored} off my board and make it into a practice rig for my low wattage amps. When I practice at home I save my ears and use my little guys... now I can cop the sound I'm getting from my Mesa. I'm thinking about getting another TOD to use/EQ after any other dirt pedal I use in the future.

20120928_134912.jpg

• Members

I use mine after my compressor, and only on the clean channel of my amp. Cut out the honky sounding frequencies to get a fuller piano like clean tone. In my experience EQ's in the FX loop don't work so well because they can try to make your amp do things it don't wanna do.

• Members

ive had a bunch, but right now i have the boss lunchbox ge-10, which is surprisingly VERY musical, ive read it retains a good mix of original and effected signal and thats why...

then i have the moollon para-eq which is a really great filter sweep, somehow, i feels a bit moog to me. i love it to death

and then the pearl ge-09, a 9 band eq, which sometimes i love and sometimes i hate...its prbably tuned to sc guitars somehow i guess...

i also love the boss rge-10 microrack, which kerry king used forever, thats just the boss lunchbox in rack form though apparently..

Archived