Amp search for my new band

DannyDedalo

• Members

In the market for a new amp; im not in a "noisy" band anymore...

Must be:

- Simple.

- Good clean that take pedals well.

- Enough Clean headroom to play with a loud drummer (dont need superclean i supose).

- Cheap

- Dont mind head or combo (but combo would be great for the small pubs)

Its for a indie "postrock influenced" band, so indie creds are wellcome :lol:

Hey ho Lets go!

• Members

I supose that it have...but i supose that i need spend sone money in a new wayfarers and some skinny jeans so i must buy a cheaper amp :lol:

Yeah, a maz38 would be great, but for buy one of these first i must to sell my dual rectifier and im not sure to let it go yet...

• Members

I got a used Mesa F-30 recently, I forget what I paid for it but it rules. Those old Mesa's sound a hundred times better than any of the cheap Asian made amps that are out there now. The build quality is extremely good. The tone (it uses EL-84's) is somewhat Vox like, it's not nasally in anyway it just cuts through the bands sound beautifully. I have or have had Mesa Mark I, III and IV's but this F-30 is the one that's best suited for gigging in dive bars.

• Members

One of the candidates was the ht rod deluxe (pretty cheap used) but read about they have a lot of failures (burned pcb nightmares). Currently im using a silverface twin (not mine) but its overkill.

They updated the HRD about a year or two ago. Are these reports for those? Previously there were two versions: original MIA and then MIM.

• Members

Both MIA and MIM have issues i think...mainly cause zener diodes and 2 big ceramic resistors (too much heat, too near to the pcb). I could easily fix the resistor thing if the pcb is not burned, but im scare about thin pcb/traces...

The new HRDLX have thicker pcb i think, but not sure.

Saw a Bassman LTD for 900 euros too, a little high than id like to spent and afraid of have not enough clean headroom, i tried a blackfaced bassman head and at 3 or 4 it started to break with my SG :confused:

• Members

One of the candidates was the ht rod deluxe (pretty cheap used) but read about they have a lot of failures (burned pcb nightmares). Currently im using a silverface twin (not mine) but its overkill.

I know two people who have had nothing but trouble with this amp. It sounds pretty good otherwise, but they are pretty hit and miss I've heard.

Archived