I wanted to learn more about 'doom' music...

woolyh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BORIS

they are loud, they are awesome. but depending on the track/album, you'll get doom, sludge, stoner, shoegaze and other subgenres.

Plus like thirteen million for Boris. Love them to death. Bit of a grab bag of various styles of noisy/heavy music but a lot of it is on the doom-y side of things.

• Members

Welp, I really think that band Sunn o))) in the first post was really bad. I like noise stuff too. Oh, well. Seems like a really silly act they put on as well, like Spinal Tap. Or maybe its like a musical Jeff Koons... who knows... but I thought it was so bad I felt compelled to type out some sort of message...

• Members
Just reading a news article on them
:D

Do these guys ever play shows in the UK? They look/sound crazy, I feel I need to see them play
:lol:

They toured the UK (well, played three dates) in June and employed a quadraphonic surround-sound system. .It was pretty cool, although I find the outfits and 'creepy' vocals a bit silly.

• Members

What I've learned is that there is no genre. Its more a mindset. Big amps, FUZZ,No {censored} drummers allowed. THE RIFF RULES ALL. I like to think of it as if the 80's, 90's, 2000's never happened. Bands that pick up where sabbath, blue cheer, deep purple etc. left off. No rules METAL

I dig these guys.

and this

• Members

What I've learned is that there is no genre. Its more a mindset.
Big amps, FUZZ,No {censored} drummers allowed. THE RIFF RULES ALL
. I like to think of it as if the 80's, 90's, 2000's never happened. Bands that pick up where sabbath, blue cheer, deep purple etc. left off.
No rules
METAL

:confused:

• Members

Doom is a huge swath in terms of its varieties. There's more rock based stuff, like Elder, then there's the more metal based stuff like Neurosis, then there's the stoner stuff.... It's honestly a huge genre. There's so many different styles within it, that you can go crazy calling different things doom. Find a band you dig and then go from there. There's so many good doom bands out there, in all the varietiesit won't be hard to discover new music all the time.

Archived