NPD Mooer Pure Octave

Elessar [Sly]

• Members

Since the one I pre-ordered hasn't turned up, and I spotted one on a trip to London, I thought I'd try it and buy it. Cool sounding pedal. Sort of a cheap mix/knock off of the POG/EQD Organizer (but not a clone/ exact sound either). I'll give it a proper play when I get home.

It isn't THAT great... but it isn't awful. If you want something decent, get a micro POG or Organizer

octavec.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When I originall played it in the shop with was through a

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by hangwire View Post
what is wrong with it? it is a pog2 without sliders i think.
It doesent sound like a POG2, the tembre of the notes feels kind of gross in comparison.

Most of the digital mooers are underwhelming. The analog ones I've tried though range from ok to great.

• Members

Okay been playing around with the Pure Octave and my verdict is:

Keeper.

Great sound, good tracking (perhaps not as good as the micro POG but it is cool). Currently got a good organ type sound set up. Some of the setting on the main knob aren't great (there are two I have found aren't usable, but they aren't ones I consider that important so I am happy). Great bargain!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly] View Post
Okay been playing around with the Pure Octave and my verdict is:

Keeper.

Great sound, good tracking (perhaps not as good as the micro POG but it is cool). Currently got a good organ type sound set up. Some of the setting on the main knob aren't great (there are two I have found aren't usable, but they aren't ones I consider that important so I am happy). Great bargain!
how much do these go for

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner

View Post

Thanks for that - I'm interested now. Any kind of demo would be great, if you had the time - just a recording of the sounds you liked, rather than a full-on youtube extravaganza.

Yeah I might try and get a quick vid of it. I am about to audition/rehearse with a band so I have a lot on my plate, but I will try and get it done.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Loobs View Post
Yeah, I didn't try the BS. Maybe I'll go back and try it.
I'll put another vote in for the Black Secret. Great great great pedal.

It has the LM308 and everything and both modes sound incredible.

• Members

I really like it, it is definitely a loose, fuzzy rat though. I've played tighter.

the hustle drive I dont like so much but I cant tell if thats becasue I dont like OC pedals cause I've never tried another one.

The pure boost I had nothing to compare to but its low noise I guess so mission acomplished.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay View Post
Hmmm...

Op said my thoughts pretty much verbatim. The tracking is just subpar thought IMO... Not near as good as the Organizer or Pog2 I had, but not horrible either.

But I think I'm with you, for $70, I can't really complain. icon_lol.gif
Word.

trackingwise:

Micro POG> Organizer > This. But I don't find the tracking is THAT bad, I have certainly heard worse. The Pitch Box has better tracking for sure.

• Members

Got my Pure Octave a few days ago, and the other night finally got to put it through its paces on the different settings. Overall, the tracking on mine is pretty spot on. Nothing ever really sounds horribly out of tune or spotty with the tracking, and I was trying out some weirder chords to try to throw it off, and even those sounded good. Still not sure if I'm gonna keep it though. As awesome as it is, I dunno how I can justify having two harmonizer type pedals on my board, when my PS-6 covers almost all the PO does, but then adds detune and s-bend modes, which I use often during shows. So far, the two mooers I've gotten (Trelicopter and Pure Octave) have been real winners. Our bassist just put an order in for the fog bass fuzz, and I can't wait to hear how that sounds in person.

Archived