NPD Mooer Pure Octave

Elessar [Sly]

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly] View Post
It does have +2 octave up setting. But I haven't really played around with that aspect. When I get the chance I'll let you know.

The other Pure Octave arrived so I'm going to sell it.
isnt 12 string just 1 octave up?

yeah please check it out, even a 1 min video demo woudl be great, mayeb ill buy/trade for it if it is close enough

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by hangwire View Post
isnt 12 string just 1 octave up?

yeah please check it out, even a 1 min video demo woudl be great, mayeb ill buy/trade for it if it is close enough
The first setting (fully counter clockwise), adds +1 and -1 octave. But you also have knobs to adjust the mix of the upper and lower octaves, so you could essentially just turn down the -1 octave all the way, and then adjust the mix of the dry signal and upper octave.

• Members

Ok... So I've been playing with this thing live for a couple weeks now and I think I can give my final consensus:

For MY needs - It's a keeper. The sub octave tracking is average... Not horrible, but there are much better (and more expensive) options if you need your -1 or -2 octaves to sound like a doubled part. I don't. I just need sub octaves to help full space occasionally and more as an effect as opposed to a doubled part. There is this really obnoxious warble in the sub octaves as well, so again, if that's your thing, the Pure Octave probably wouldn't serve you very well.

The upper octaves, however, track MUCH better, and the warble is there, but hardly noticeable when you're playing at normal volumes. So this thing is a great win for someone who utilizes the upper octaves more; like me.

Overall, the sound quality really is pretty good.. A pleasant surprise. I'd say a 7/10. For reference purposes, I've now owned 3 octave/organ pedals. I rank them as follows: Organizer 8/10, POG2 7/10, Pure Octave 7/10. Now they're all 3 VERY different pedals, but I generally like to be able to dial in a great organ sound as well as have the versatility to utilize just 1 specific octave, or have a variety of options available rather quickly, and that's where the Pure Octave wins IMO. Just turn the main knob to select which octaves you want to use, and bam.

Love what each of the 3 black knobs accomplish: blend knob works perfectly, and the sub octave and upper octave knobs let you dial in the specific amount of each octave... Pretty intuitive and makes it even easier to find a sound you like.

So yeah, extremely versatile, and extremely easy to dial in. Sub octave overall thoughts: meh. Upper octaves: yeah!smile.gif... And take the size, price, and sound quality into account, I think we've got a winner here!! But only if you don't depend on sub octaves. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by brebis

View Post

Yes I too would like to know if a 12-string guitar can be simulated or if the pedal does not track well enough.

Hmmm...... I think if only you're using the +1 octave, then you MIGHT be able to do a pseudo 12-string thing... But I'm not sure. I'll have to try that. idn_smilie.gif

Archived