You owe it to yourself to watch & listen to all 11:26 of this.

Loobs

• Members

Does that make his work invalid?

no his work is invalid on content alone. i'll take zappa over any of those self important overly stylized douchebags any day.

that being said, i'm going to agree with you hard on the hate of the OP. not to say the allman brothers are all worthless garbage but whipping post just SCREAMS white boy blues.

*edit for a long time i really thought i just wasn't cool enough to "get" velvet underground. then i realized one day that it's because they're just awful.

• Members

no his work is invalid on content alone. i'll take zappa over any of those self important overly stylized douchebags any day.

that being said, i'm going to agree with you hard on the hate of the OP. not to say the allman brothers are all worthless garbage but whipping post just SCREAMS white boy blues.

*edit for a long time i really thought i just wasn't cool enough to "get" velvet underground. then i realized one day that it's because they're just awful.

Wrong.

[video=youtube;7s3BMPxZQcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3BMPxZQcs

[video=youtube;k8REIw0amb8]

[video=youtube;HZH82l_ie9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZH82l_ie9M

I can listen to the Allmans once in a while, but they get a bit grating after a while, a bit jamband-y.

• Members

[*edit for a long time i really thought i just wasn't cool enough to "get" velvet underground. then i realized one day that it's because they're just awful.

You're entitled to your opinion but ... :facepalm:

• Members

whipping post just SCREAMS white boy blues.

Yes, we all know that the color of your skin determines the style of music you're allowed to play.

When I go to the symphony and see a black dude playing the cello I'm all like "this just screams black boy baroque" and them I'm all like GTFO poser :cop:

• Members

Yes, we all know that the color of your skin determines the style of music you're allowed to play.

When I go to the symphony and see a black dude playing the cello I'm all like "this just screams black boy baroque" and them I'm all like GTFO poser
:cop:

Ha ha! "Black boy baroque"! Good one!

• Members

Doesn't that also describe Zappa as well? I suspect that if you'd called him that he'd probably have shrugged and said "Yeah, I probably am."

Archived