whos going to namm?

echodeluxe

• Members
I am
:wave:

I'd love to go. In fact, Wattson is a member of NAMM. The problems are...

1. Can't get the time off from my day job right now. I'm swamped trying to finish a long term (and long overdue) project.

2. Can't afford it. Any spare cash I get right now is going into the family vacation fund for next summer (to go to VIETnam). If I don't take my wife back to visit her mom this coming year I think she's going to attack me in my sleep with a hedge clipper and lob off Mr. Happy! :eek:

3. I'd be embarrassed to go wearing a commercial member's badge and not have a booth at the show. :facepalm:

• Members

I'd love to go. In fact, Wattson is a member of NAMM. The problems are...

1. Can't get the time off from my day job right now. I'm swamped trying to finish a long term (and long overdue) project.

2. Can't afford it. Any spare cash I get right now is going into the family vacation fund for next summer (to go to
VIET
nam). If I don't take my wife back to visit her mom this coming year I think she's going to attack me in my sleep with a hedge clipper and lob off Mr. Happy!
:eek:

3. I'd be embarrassed to go wearing a commercial member's badge and not have a booth at the show.
:facepalm:

we are gonna have to get a Wattson baseball cap made so i can wear it at namm. when people ask me about it, ill fart and run away.

and i should be buying digitechrep (Tom) lunch!

• Members

The hall with the drums and brass is a straight-up nightmare. It's like Guitar Center after school lets out x100.

It really is the worst.

My first year with Moollon (2008) we were parked right next to Mad Professor (great guys) and had Egnator on the other side (another nice bunch). Just one booth over from them was Pearl's massive display block. It was a horrible place for any of us to try to do business, and I was hoarse every day.

We're in a much better place for 2013, over by Bad Cat and Fano.

• Members

Seriously, it's super loud at NAMM. They actually have guys running around with handheld SPL meters who will tell people to turn down if they're over 85dB. The thing is, the entire hall sits at a constant 85dB

Some of those guys are real asshats on a power trip. Had this one guy walk up to me and tell me to turn it down or we're getting tossed from the show. When I pointed out that no one in our booth was actually playing or demoing anything (just some people talking and asking questions) his response was to get all aggressive and ask me if I was 'trying to start something'... total clowns.

I love/hate NAMM....

Some of those guys are real asshats on a power trip. Had this one guy walk up to me and tell me to turn it down or we're getting tossed from the show. When I pointed out that no one in our booth was actually playing or demoing anything (just some people talking and asking questions) his response was to get all aggressive and ask me if I was 'trying to start something'... total clowns.

I love/hate NAMM....

Yeah, I've seen a few incidents with those guys that didn't leave a very favorable impression. OTOH, they have to try to do something about the noise - OSHA regs and just trying to reign in the most egregious violators. But there's no need for them to be jerks about it, or to hassle people who are not causing any problem.

• Members

We (MI Audio) are making the trek over from Australia, and would be awesome to meet as many forum bros as possible.

As for the sound regulations, we invested in a perspex sound room this year in order to turn amps past 1 to avoid the SPL-jockeys.

Swing past (Hall D, Booth 3496) as we have an amp that YOU HAVE TO check out!

We (MI Audio) are making the trek over from Australia, and would be awesome to meet as many forum bros as possible.

As for the sound regulations, we invested in a perspex sound room this year in order to turn amps past 1 to avoid the SPL-jockeys.

Cool! I'm looking forward to meeting you guys! :cool:

• Members

Lets kick it!!

• Members

In March? Craig Anderton usually covers it for HC. I'd love to go, but I'm never asked.

We need a protest thread called "Send Phil to Frankfurt" (not "Send Phil a Frankfurt" okay?). MF need to be made aware that Musikmesse without Phil is like bratwurst without pork. I love Craig's reports and look forward to them. But he needs help. Often Anderton is spotted on the show floor in his pyjamas because he doesn't have time to change. Phil 'The Chief' O'Keefe is the man to assist Anderton.

I've been encouraged to socialize a bit more this year... I used to do dinners and parties, but the last several years it's been a matter of either going home or back to the hotel room and then furiously trying to upload the day's "take" (pics, videos, etc.), and hope I can get two or three hours of sleep before having to get up and do it all over again the next day.

Would love to see you guys though. That would be cool.

• Members
I've been encouraged to socialize a bit more this year... I used to do dinners and parties, but the last several years it's been a matter of either going home or back to the hotel room and then furiously trying to upload the day's "take" (pics, videos, etc.), and hope I can get two or three hours of sleep before having to get up and do it all over again the next day.

Would love to see you guys though. That would be cool.

:thu:

Archived