BEST ALBUMS OF 2012

Josh33

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by pbone

View Post

The more I listen to it, the more I am thoroughly convinced that Lonerism by Tame Impala is the second best album of the year behind Shields by Grizzly Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Aedes

View Post

+1

Shields is absolutely more complex musically, darker and heavier in spirit, edgier, and more dissonant in places. In my old age I haven't lost my appreciation for those characteristics.

But I chose MEC because I appreciate the lightness and the color. I can see myself still listening to this record twenty years from now.

• Members

View Post

The more I listen to it, the more I am thoroughly convinced that Lonerism by Tame Impala is the second best album of the year behind Shields by Grizzly Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Aedes

View Post

+1

Shields is absolutely more complex musically, darker and heavier in spirit, edgier, and more dissonant in places. In my old age I haven't lost my appreciation for those characteristics.

But I chose MEC because I appreciate the lightness and the color. I can see myself still listening to this record twenty years from now.

• Members

View Post

And I'll be damned if Something from Chairlift isn't a mighty goddamned fine pop record.

...and the more I listen to it, the more bored I get of it.

Worst year for albums I can remember.

• Members

View Post

And I'll be damned if Something from Chairlift isn't a mighty goddamned fine pop record.

...and the more I listen to it, the more bored I get of it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HeartfeltDawn

View Post

Aside from my picks, I would have to agree. I could only think of 5 albums that I would listen to from start to finish. But then there might be those albums I just haven't been exposed to yet and probably won't hear about them until 2013 or 2014.

2011 and 2010 were massive years for albums where my taste is concerned.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HeartfeltDawn

View Post

Aside from my picks, I would have to agree. I could only think of 5 albums that I would listen to from start to finish. But then there might be those albums I just haven't been exposed to yet and probably won't hear about them until 2013 or 2014.

2011 and 2010 were massive years for albums where my taste is concerned.

Archived