View Post

lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by t_e_l_e

View Post

i want your board... but in a smaller enclosure smile.gif

Thanks for watching and making it worth my while to assemble it love.gif

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk

View Post

watching now. bad stone treadle sounds really good! i'd like to hear the dmm and mm by the themselves. polyphase sounds beautiful too. looks like a fun board.

Will try to put something together in a week or so. I'm going to make an Electric Mistress demo for Gae86, so maybe it will be easy to do the others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs

View Post

Nice playing man. Cool pedals! I love the zipper. Your playing is really musical too.

Thanks Loobs. Means a lot to me to hear you say nice things about my playing cool.gif The Zipper is really cool, and there is a trimpot inside to adjust for different pups. Kinda wish it had been a full pot on top, but that's why I also have a QTron+ .

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Henry_13

View Post

You rock man!! Great demo, great playing, great looking and sounding board!! biggrin.gif

Thank you so much biggrin.gif

Quote Originally Posted by k tone

View Post

Cool vidja. Did you have the cam strapped to your head?

I have to take a picture of my camera setup and post it. I pulled out my Macgyver skills for this one.

• Members

View Post

Your cat must look at you like "what the {censored} is this guy doing now?"

Pretty much, yes.

He's funny. He loves the Deluxe Memory Man. He'll lay down in front of the board and chill when I play clean through it. When I hit notes that he doesn't like, his ears twitch. He's sort of like my 'chill gauge'.

Despite my avatar pic, he actually despises the Big Muff. He has his paw on it because he's like, "If you use that again, I'm not kidding, I will f**k you up!"

• Members

That is cool. How many Boss at your peak? I only ask because I have started a defacto Boss collection. I think I am at 24 or something (some vintage - CE-2, DSD-2 and some not).

Wifey got me a BCB-60 pedalboard for Christmas. It will be cool to have the ease of switching out pedals when experimenting.

Despite all the Boss hate I have a soft spot for them. It was really the only game in town where I lived in the early 80's (I wish I would not have sold my MIJ silver screw DS-1 for $50!).

• Members

View Post

That is cool. How many Boss at your peak? I only ask because I have started a defacto Boss collection. I think I am at 24 or something (some vintage - CE-2, DSD-2 and some not).

Wifey got me a BCB-60 pedalboard for Christmas. It will be cool to have the ease of switching out pedals when experimenting.

Despite all the Boss hate I have a soft spot for them. It was really the only game in town where I lived in the early 80's (I wish I would not have sold my MIJ silver screw DS-1 for $50!).

Nice! Would love to see a pic of your collection.

I still have the TU2, LS2, GE7, PS3, and PN2. I love those pedals!

I used to have an HM2 (which was not sold, it was leant out and never came back), a CE3, RV3, CS3, AW2, and an OC3.

If I were to purchase more BOSS, I would want a VB2 and an SG1... and probably a few others.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GREC

View Post

How is the Black Finger (tube version)? Ever try different style tubes in it? I'm smitten with the English Muff'n & was thinkin' about getting one.

If I could only have 1 guitar pedal, it would be the RI Blackfinger. It's not just the best compressor I've ever used, it is essential to my playing and sound.

I've used the stock EHX 12AX7s, some NOS Sylvanias, and some Groove Tubes. The Sylvanias were the most transparent, but also not able to get as much squash. The Groove Tubes were extreme squash... not subtle at all when you push the pre-gain. The EHX are somewhere in between.

I finally picked up an English Muff'n a couple of weeks ago love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

I used to have an HM2 (which was not sold, it was leant out and never came back), a CE3, RV3, CS3, AW2, and an OC3.

If I were to purchase more BOSS, I would want a VB2 and an SG1... and probably a few others.

Ya I recently scored an MIJ HM-2 (I bought it because I thought my MIT was dying two years ago yet it is still going strong) for $70 delivered and then last month got an OC-2 for $70 delivered (I have 4 kids and that is why I like Boss they are cheap!).

I as well would like to try the VB-2, and SG-1 but at current market I probably never will.

I was going to snag an RV-3 for $100 a while back but walked away at the last minute (even though it was well below the market price I balked at paying that much for used Boss).

I have scored the FZ-2 for $60 delivered and more recently the FZ-3 for $65. Those I like - lots. I find if I stick to Kijiji (like Craigslist) countrywide (Canada) and stay away from Ebay there are deals to be had

Good chatting with you EHX. I wil try and snap a shot over the holidays when I get my OC-2 (wifey says she hates buying me used {censored} for Christmas - she just does not understand).

Archived