OLD SCHOOL ARCADE DEATH MATCH!!

cobalt-60

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aedes

View Post

{censored} I forgot how awesome Robotron was. This is hard.

Robotron will rock your {censored}in' face off! Game is crack.

I know. It's really hard. I have an unwavering devotion to the 8-bit twitchmania of Robotron, but picking a second is really hard. Probably Galaga. But Millipede. Or Joust. Argh.

• Members

I loved Galaga, but there was also this rare game called Bombjack that was really awesome. When I was fifteen I was a cart boy at the supermarket and there was a bowling alley next door. I used to work really hard for a half hour and get all the carts up and then hide in the bowling alley for a half hour playing video games and smoking cigarettes. I could make a quarter last for the half hour on either Galaga, Bombjack or the pinball machine.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Fall

View Post

I loved Galaga, but there was also this rare game called Bombjack... I could make a quarter last for the half hour on either Galaga, Bombjack or the pinball machine.

My favorite sleeper is the NES game Wrecking Crew. My uncle had it, it's set up a bit like Donkey Kong, except you have to destroy the structure by hammering the supports while avoiding the baddies. Pinball is amazing. It makes me so sad seeing it fade from the landscape. I was really hoping LotR pinball would bring it back.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt-60

View Post

My favorite sleeper is the NES game Wrecking Crew. My uncle had it, it's set up a bit like Donkey Kong, except you have to destroy the structure by hammering the supports while avoiding the baddies. Pinball is amazing. It makes me so sad seeing it fade from the landscape. I was really hoping LotR pinball would bring it back.

I'd really like to get a Williams pinball machine one day. There's just something about getting in the zone with a good machine.

Quote Originally Posted by cryptosonic

View Post

Also Stargate/Defender ruled.

I LOVED Defender! I had it on my Atari 400. Smokin' game back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo

View Post

Ms. Pac Man / Galaga

This is what I voted for. Both are classics, and I spent a good deal of time playing both of them. On the 2600, I also liked Frogger, Tank, Asteroids and Pole Position.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Fall

View Post

I'd really like to get a Williams pinball machine one day. There's just something about getting in the zone with a good machine.

They have the Addams Family table down at Paramount studios in Hollywood, and it's one of my favorites - every time I'm down there, I give it a few plays. Great game - and they have their tables set up so you don't need quarters.

I've got some decent pinball sims on the iPhone, but it's not the same thing as working a real table.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

They have the Addams Family table down at Paramount studios in Hollywood, and it's one of my favorites - every time I'm down there, I give it a few plays. Great game - and they have their tables set up so you don't need quarters.

I've got some decent pinball sims on the iPhone, but it's not the same thing as working a real table.

There's really something remarkable about pinball machines, when you think about it. They're such complex, miniature little worlds. Who would ever come up with such a thing today? "Lets manufacture thousands of little encased dioramas with ball flippers". I remember being in awe of anything mechanical as a kid.

View Post

There's really something remarkable about pinball machines, when you think about it. They're such complex, miniature little worlds. Who would ever come up with such a thing today? "Lets manufacture thousands of little encased dioramas with ball flippers". I remember being in awe of anything mechanical as a kid.

And some of the artwork that goes into them is pretty amazing too.

View Post

And some of the artwork that goes into them is pretty amazing too.

Archived