Your favorite Western movie.

Kimme

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote Originally Posted by El Glom-o

View Post

A new favorite of mine is "No Name On the Bullet", starring Audie Murphy. In it, Murphy plays a hired gun, and it's interesting to hear the other characters talking about how Murphy's character "...has killed 28 men.", while knowing that in reality, Murphy had actually killed about ten times that number.

I always liked Audie Murphy too. The man may not have looked like it, but he had big brass ones.

Quote Originally Posted by El Glom-o

View Post

A new favorite of mine is "No Name On the Bullet", starring Audie Murphy. In it, Murphy plays a hired gun, and it's interesting to hear the other characters talking about how Murphy's character "...has killed 28 men.", while knowing that in reality, Murphy had actually killed about ten times that number.

I always liked Audie Murphy too. The man may not have looked like it, but he had big brass ones.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

Mike, have I ever told you that you have great taste? biggrin.gif

I like that movie a lot - very cool that they cast actual brothers in all of the brotherly parts (Frank and Jesse, the Youngers, even the Fords). Great acting, incredible soundtrack - one of the best westerns made outside of the classic era IMO.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

Mike, have I ever told you that you have great taste? biggrin.gif

I like that movie a lot - very cool that they cast actual brothers in all of the brotherly parts (Frank and Jesse, the Youngers, even the Fords). Great acting, incredible soundtrack - one of the best westerns made outside of the classic era IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

I saw it when it first came out, and several times since then. The Long Riders is a really well done film, by any era's standards. At least IMHO. I thought it was coll how they used actual brothers too - the Carradines, Keach brothers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

I saw it when it first came out, and several times since then. The Long Riders is a really well done film, by any era's standards. At least IMHO. I thought it was coll how they used actual brothers too - the Carradines, Keach brothers, etc.

Archived