NHL lovers, help me

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls

View Post

I have no idea how you can legally watch old NHL games in other countries, but I offer the greatest symbol of power known to ice:

200px-Minnesota_North_Stars_Logo_2.svg.p

Hell yeah! On a side note, Wild should be good this season.

• Members

I seriously hope nobody goes to opening night games to teach the greedy bastards on both sides a {censored}ing lesson.

I went to my local WHL team's game last night to watch players who actually wanted to play hockey. It was fun. They also did a bunch of charity raffle stuff and handed out academic achievement awards to the players who maintained high GPAs for the semester.

The NHL can suck a dick. I've been screwed over by that league for the last time. I've never seen a sports organization run so poorly and treat it's fans as badly as they have. And this is coming from a lifelong fan of the game.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

I seriously hope nobody goes to opening night games to teach the greedy bastards on both sides a {censored}ing lesson.

I went to my local WHL team's game last night to watch players who actually wanted to play hockey. It was fun. They also did a bunch of charity raffle stuff and handed out academic achievement awards to the players who maintained high GPAs for the semester.

The NHL can suck a dick. I've been screwed over by that league for the last time. I've never seen a sports organization run so poorly and treat it's fans as badly as they have. And this is coming from a lifelong fan of the game.

icon_lol.gif you're silly

I understand not going to games to TEACH THOSE BASTARDS A LESSON!, but you're still gonna watch and love it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau

View Post

congrats to the US for winning gold at the Jr's

the only problem with the NHL is Gary Bettman, if they get rid of him and his ulltra failure agenda, the league will move forward.

Just wait til realignment occurs and they add 2 more teams icon_lol.gif

Obviously less teams would be better. 24 or even 20 teams would be about perfect. The quality level would go up, teams would all be financially healthy, etc. BUT, for all the {censored} Bettman gets for over expanding the league, particularly into regions that refuse to properly support an NHL franchise- his plan has sorta worked. Just look at the world juniors for proof. USA hockey is better than ever. More and more kids all over the country are playing hockey and growing up to be professional hockey players.

Bettman's goal to expand hockey in America is certainly not the best thing for the NHL, but for hockey in general (in America)- you can't deny that it's been a good thing. He has helped grow the game of hockey in America.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74

View Post

icon_lol.gif you're silly

I understand not going to games to TEACH THOSE BASTARDS A LESSON!, but you're still gonna watch and love it.

Nope I'm really done. No point in watching a game that could give a {censored} about it's fans other than to suck the money out of their wallets.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pelliott

View Post

Wasn't Bettman a plant by the NBA to ensure they'd minimize their fan competition?

The problem was Bettman thinking they were a competitive league in terms of a national fan base in the first place. His fumbling of the ESPN negotiations is proof of that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

The problem was Bettman thinking they were a competitive league in terms of a national fan base in the first place. His fumbling of the ESPN negotiations is proof of that.

I don't understand how Bettman honestly, coming from the NBA, that they could compete with those fan bases, unless... DAVID STERN IS PAYING HIM OFF. Also, who among us gets Versus and/or NBC Sports?

Archived