Is Microsynth used in any songs?

macadood

• Members

Not sure about your other questions, but I am pretty sure he used it for the bass lines (if I remember correctly). Big fan of that song.

He has a thread somewhere on here detailing the signal chains.

:wave::love:

For most of the song, I split the chain of one guitar performance - one direction using the micro synth, the other direction using a BOSS RV-3 and a PS-3. It kind of sounds like 2 guitars playing off each other's rhythms, but it's one guitar. I love using effects to do that kind of stuff. The synth pad stuff is a separate guitar track using the BOSS RV-3 and PS-3 and a Stereo PolyChorus.

The solo section is also a micro synth and a BOSS PS-3, just different settings.

• Members

I dont doubt this is the MS on the solo, but I couldnt get close to this sound when I owned one. It love to hear someone else attempt to recreate this, it really is one of my favorite solo sounds.

I managed to get it pretty much identical to the studio version with a Harmoniser, Big Muff and the MS. When he plays it live though the solo sounds very different.

Main thing is the Square Wave and Sub Octave with the guitar blended in, have the Attack Delay set just below half way and set the Start Frequency low from what I remember.

• Members

Dean Ween keeps one on his pedal board. I know he has some "Square Wave Jam" stuff, but I'm not sure what album/live tracks it is on. I'll have to go back and listen.

Yeah, I remember a quote where he basically said they always have one around when they record. All of their albums have ridiculous fat, synthy guitars somewhere, so I'd imagine a lot of it is Microsynth. Check out Chocolate and Cheese, The Mollusk, and White Pepper and you'll hear some for sure.

• 1 year later...

Archived