I may be a PRS convert

IRG

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I picked up a 245 SE last month from Sam Ash on blowout for $349.  It's not my favorite axe, but it's pretty {censored}ing amazing-especially for the price I paid. 

Played clean, it's capable of some sweet jazzy tones, but throw on some dirt and you can get in full metal territory.  I could honestly see this guitar being used for almost any genre of guitar music-including country and, yes, blues.  Additionally, the finish(mine's tobacco burst) isn't over-the-top or gaudy but it's nicely flamed.

Lastly, while the guitar doesn't feel like an Annapolis PRS(or a Gibson, for that matter), it feels way more solid than any MIK Schecter, Eastwood, Squier or Epiphone I've ever played.  For the record, I've owned several other brands that were MIK and yes, the Koreans make some really fine guitars.

While I've owned a few PRS guitars(all but one were SEs), I wasn't completely sold, until I did a little research and came up with this review from Guitarist mag, which prompted the purchase:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guitars/electric/6-string-solid-body/se-245-436929

I've found Guitarist to be one of the most honest guitar publications when it comes to reviews-sometimes brutally so, and their review of the SE 245 is the only 5-star review I can ever recall seeing them give.

• Members

alien wrote:

The holding onto negatvity over your jealousy about a fancy inanimate chunk of wood and projecting that jealous negativity and BHZ out to the rest of creation is the problem not the fancy chunk of wood.

No doubt.  It's just a guitar, guys.

Personally, I can't stand strats and teles...I'd be stupid to bash them, though-not only are there a lot of great players that use them, but there's been a lot of great music made with them.  The same applies to PRS, Gibson, Ibanez, Gretsch, Yamaha, Rickenbacker, etc.

Archived