Show the love for Seymour Duncan Pedals

RickBeall

• Members

I thought the Shape Shifter was quite good, very good value overall. Didn't find it sterile at all. It was quite large though. I had the fuzz too, really bad sounding pedal to me. But I bet if I tried it again, I could find some good tones in it.

I think their tube pedals were good ideas in general, but replacing the tubes I recall hearing, were quite different. I think you had to send them in to be replaced, they didn't use something simple to find. I think their size and price were overall turn offs, compared to what else is out there.

• Members

I thought the Shape Shifter was quite good, very good value overall. Didn't find it sterile at all. It was quite large though. I had the fuzz too, really bad sounding pedal to me. But I bet if I tried it again, I could find some good tones in it.

I think their tube pedals were good ideas in general, but replacing the tubes I recall hearing, were quite different. I think you had to send them in to be replaced, they didn't use something simple to find. I think their size and price were overall turn offs, compared to what else is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71

View Post

I like the idea of the small tubes in there tube pedal series. I have not tried one out though.

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

They use a 6021 tube. Those are sub-miniature, and don't use sockets like the 9-pin 12A-7 series - so yes, you do have to solder them in, but outside of concerns about lifting a PCB trace, they're usually not all that difficult to replace. They were designed originally for use in the proximity fuse of an artillery shell, so they're designed to take 20,000 G (not a typo), and they'll probably outlast you or me. At least in typical microphone / guitar pedal use. smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71

View Post

I like the idea of the small tubes in there tube pedal series. I have not tried one out though.

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

They use a 6021 tube. Those are sub-miniature, and don't use sockets like the 9-pin 12A-7 series - so yes, you do have to solder them in, but outside of concerns about lifting a PCB trace, they're usually not all that difficult to replace. They were designed originally for use in the proximity fuse of an artillery shell, so they're designed to take 20,000 G (not a typo), and they'll probably outlast you or me. At least in typical microphone / guitar pedal use. smile.gif

• Members

The Shape Shifter Trem is one of the best and most versatile trems I've ever heard. The Deja Vu is amazing sounding and also incredibly versatile.

If the Tweak Fuzz didn't have such a HUGE volume drop it'd be one of my favorite fuzz pedals ever if only for it's wide range of good tones.

• Members

The Shape Shifter Trem is one of the best and most versatile trems I've ever heard. The Deja Vu is amazing sounding and also incredibly versatile.

If the Tweak Fuzz didn't have such a HUGE volume drop it'd be one of my favorite fuzz pedals ever if only for it's wide range of good tones.

• Members

I had the Dejavu. It sounded great but too many options for me that I didn't need. The tap tempo function was about the only thing that made me think about keeping it. I did hear that the loop it has can be interesting.

I will stick with my carbon copy.

• Members

I had the Dejavu. It sounded great but too many options for me that I didn't need. The tap tempo function was about the only thing that made me think about keeping it. I did hear that the loop it has can be interesting.

I will stick with my carbon copy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

Always wanted to try that one since it came out. But I'm more than content with the English Muff'n and the Hot Tubes.

What didn't you like about it?

The crunch channel was ok, but the eq was dull on the lead channel. Even with the treble dimed, it sort of eq'ed out "the bell tone" on my strat. I've read this complaint from others too.

• 1 month later...

Archived