Anyone seen the Tube Zipper Lounge?

Blungo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

so I was feeling that the distortion from the Tube Zipper was a bit harsh, almost shrill if turned up past 1:00 or so, perhaps the solid state preamp in my Musicman RD-50 wasn't clicking with the stock tubes. I thought I would try replacing the EHX tubes with some J.J.'s that I had. What a huge difference tubes make! I now hear so much more midrange, less fizz, and a generally sweeter tone from the Tube Zipper now! Also I tried placing the Black Finger before the Tube Zipper, but found that it sounded better to my ears if the Black Finger was place after. It just rounded things out more and added dynamics placed there. Man I love these EHX Tube series pedals more than I thought I would!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Members

...the fact that this is the second song out there mentioning/using my "Tube Zipper"
after this one from DEUS:

fills me with both pride, and joy...

Tube-Zipper`d : "PEDALS" by Jack Conte :::

check out the LYRICs:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/05/09/jack-contes-pedals-an-ode-to-effects/

be sure to also check out the DIY-making
of the video...

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Just bumping this for my own selfish purposes.

Settings on Page 4 and 5.

What a great pedal, so fun and bonus does amazing distortion with my rig, had no idea I was going to get the best distortion I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Still haven't had a good opportunity to really fully test it though, hopefully people in my house go away for a bit!

Archived