New "Post Pictures You've Taken" Thread

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, Tape your pictures are amazing!

I thought I'd upload a few pictures from my trip to india 3 years ago. I'm still trying to find the ones I took with my friends "good" camera, but computer is messy. Here are some of the pictures I took with my compact digital camera at the time.

Pretty trippy view...

DSCN1352.jpg

This elephant took a bath in that river every day.

DSCN1313.jpg

Sunset from a mountain

DSCN1399.jpg

Hungry ape (and incredibly good thief)

DSCN1395.jpg

Mean-looking fish

DSCN1274.jpg

Goats found a neat cover from monsoon

DSCN1258.jpg

• Members

those are fantastic! especially like the first and last - any info on how you got those shots?

also, any chance you've got a flickr or similar?

thanks!

I was actually just going through some pics from a trip to italy when i saw this thread and posted those 3.

the first one was taken from the plane flying over Lake Okeechobee in south Florida. The sky was pretty clear then this massive, evil looking cloud hung over the lake.

the second is pretty obvious.

the third one was taken in italy at dusk from Sorrento.

I don't have a flicker or anything, but i do have some cool pics i should post up.

thanks again

:thu:

-ed

• Members

Tape, those are all wicked shots. What film do you use?

for these new ones, fuji provia 400

expensive film :cry:

twenty bucks for a roll of 36. but the colors/contrast are so much nicer than cheap film!

the ones near the top of the page are kodak portra 160 I think

I also bought a scanner, so now I'm scanning the negatives (or in the case of the provia, positives) directly.

• Members

^^ Oooh, that's another thing I've always wanted to get some thoughts on. Are we talking about your standard scanner or a special one for negatives that I've seen around. How do you go about the process?

I got a flatbed. less limiting that way, say if you want to do 120mm film too.

get an epson. they're pretty much the best (at consumer level)

I got the cheapest I could find, the epson V300. it's $110 new yet still produces good results! it does negatives and positives just fine.

software that comes with them isnt always very good.

SilverFast is good alternative software that improves the quality ten-fold! you can get it to scan twice, 4x, 8x or 16x the same negative then blend all of them to get rid of as much scanner noise as possible. the difference between silverfast with 4x or 8x multisampling and just the included software is pretty considerable.

the v300 is def not the best-for-your-money you can get. I got it because I'm a cheapskate. you can probably get a much better epson for just $40 more.

• Members

I already have a flatbed scanner that I've had for almost 10 years now. It's a Cannon of some sort. So you just scan the negatives just like that? How is the resolution after that?

unless the lid is back-lit then they're gonna look crap

canon make scanners like the canoscan 8800 just for this sort of thing

• Members

thanks!

I was actually just going through some pics from a trip to italy when i saw this thread and posted those 3.

the first one was taken from the plane flying over Lake Okeechobee in south Florida. The sky was pretty clear then this massive, evil looking cloud hung over the lake.

the second is pretty obvious.

the third one was taken in italy at dusk from Sorrento.

I don't have a flicker or anything, but i do have some cool pics i should post up.

thanks again

:thu:
-ed

I was sure the third was from Sorrento! That's the typic view you can see from the "villa" with gulf and the vesuvio on the horizon!

Hope you enjoyed sorrento! I live just 30 mins from sorrento and also have an house there!

wonderful place:thu:

Archived